Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test Reply with quote

Canon EOS-M > EF-M to EOS adapter >EOS - Pentax-K adapter > Porst COLOR REFLEX 55/1.2
vs
Canon EOS-M > EF-M to FD adapter > Canon FD 55/1.2 S.S.C Aspherical

f/1.2

Porst:

Canon:

Porst:

Canon:

Porst:

Canon:

Porst:

Canon:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon EOS-M > EF-M - FD adapter > Canon FD 55/1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical
Samples f/1.2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test Reply with quote

Canon FD 55/1.2 S.S.C Aspherical is a great lens.

As far as a know the Porst 55 1.2 is made by cosina and it's really soft.

It will be great if you can also provide some comparison on different aperture.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera are you using this lens on?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test Reply with quote

rmcinc wrote:

It will be great if you can also provide some comparison on different aperture.

OK, I'll do it on Thursday or Friday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctures wrote:
What camera are you using this lens on?

Canon EOS M (first mirrorless camera from Canon)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the Canon is way better than the Porst Surprised

Thx, nice test Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the FD lens look at infinity focus on the M body? I'm presuming the adapter doesn't have any glass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killwilly wrote:
How does the FD lens look at infinity focus on the M body? I'm presuming the adapter doesn't have any glass.

Yes, I have a lensless adapter, which allows to put these lenses and focusing to infinity. In comparison with the EOS adapter can be seen that it is shorter.
That's just my lens at infinity does not possess the quality Smile Not sure it is designed for this Smile

infinity at f/8

far far away crop Smile

adapters and look Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test Reply with quote

rmcinc wrote:

The Porst 135mm f1.8 was made by Mitake, so its possible that the 55mm f1.2 was too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotkino wrote:
killwilly wrote:

Yes, I have a lensless adapter, which allows to put these lenses and focusing to infinity. In comparison with the EOS adapter can be seen that it is shorter.
That's just my lens at infinity does not possess the quality Smile Not sure it is designed for this Smile

infinity at f/8

far far away crop Smile

adapters and look Smile

Just wanted to warn you that the FD 55mm f1.2 SSC Aspherical is highly radioactive, about 60% as radioactive as Radium in fact!...And unlike the Pentax Tamukars, its the front element that is most radioactive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY for sharing ;
Of course the L or the Aspherical are not in the same league...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:

Just wanted to warn you that the FD 55mm f1.2 SSC Aspherical is highly radioactive, about 60% as radioactive as Radium in fact!...And unlike the Pentax Tamukars, its the front element that is most radioactive.

Oh, yes, thank you, on YouTube I've seen enough movies about it Sad
I hope if I keep it near my super takumar 50/1.4 - they do not fight and will not start a nuclear war Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotkino wrote:

Just wanted to warn you that the FD 55mm f1.2 SSC Aspherical is highly radioactive, (...) its the front element that is most radioactive.

Confirmed. I measured up to 36 µSv/h at the front lens and from then on no longer felt comfortable with it...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering are there any differences between the UMC and non UMC version of the Porst 55/1.2?

If so which copy is this that you are using?

I am considering on getting a 1.2 standard prime lens and am struggling between the Canon FL/FD or Porst or Cosina and was leaning towards the Porst because of this review with a very high score in sharpness which I prefer:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/porst-55mm-f1-2-color-reflex-mc-auto.html

But didn't know that it's actually considered one of the softer 1.2s. So I am wondering if the ppl in the pentax reviews were actually talking about the UMC version?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 55/1.2 vs Porst 55/1.2 Quick comparison test Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
rmcinc wrote:

The Porst 135mm f1.8 was made by Mitake, so its possible that the 55mm f1.2 was too.

More certainly made by tomioka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
Just wondering are there any differences between the UMC and non UMC version of the Porst 55/1.2?

There is no UMC 55/1.2 Porst.
The UMC Porst is an EBC X-FUJINON 50/1.2. Straight.
2 very different lenses