Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CAnon FD 100-300 f5.6 MACRO Final test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: CAnon FD 100-300 f5.6 MACRO Final test Reply with quote

It turns out that the lens was dirty the first element. For this reason much CA and lack of contrast. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Here in 300mm f 5.6

Macro a 200mm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples. Rose is special

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is yours the early or late FD 100-300 (non-L)?

Early:
Click here to see on Ebay

Late:

Back when I was a regular shooter of Canon FD, I stayed away from the early 100-300 because of its rather mediocre reports in the magazines, and instead bought a Tamron SP 60-300mm. Subsequently, I heard that the later one had an improved optical formula and was a better performer than the earlier one. Although the later 100-300 was more plasticky than the early one.

At any rate, can't complain about the pics you're getting. You mentioned in a previous thread that this lens was converted to M42, right? Did you do the conversion, and if so, how difficult was it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice (but that is close-up, not macro).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Is yours the early or late FD 100-300 (non-L)?

Early:

Late:

Back when I was a regular shooter of Canon FD, I stayed away from the early 100-300 because of its rather mediocre reports in the magazines, and instead bought a Tamron SP 60-300mm. Subsequently, I heard that the later one had an improved optical formula and was a better performer than the earlier one. Although the later 100-300 was more plasticky than the early one.

At any rate, can't complain about the pics you're getting. You mentioned in a previous thread that this lens was converted to M42, right? Did you do the conversion, and if so, how difficult was it?

It is the latest version, Optically equals 100-300 L, except for a fluorite element and a Low Dispersion. Basically the difference in the picture is a little, very little CA.

The conversion to M42 is not very difficult. But it is necessary to construct a cam, of some 6cmts of length for the diaphragm. I have not used anything of the original mount and it is reversible.
Greetings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very nice (but that is close-up, not macro).

Dr Klaus
I put Macro because it is in the position MAcro of the lens, It works to 100 and 200 mm and allows to focus to only 60 or 70 cmts.
It does not manage to be a real lens of macrophotography. You have reason.
Greetings