Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Canonet QL19
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Canon Canonet QL19 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, your product shots are always great.
I have this cam also. It has a nice solid feel to it. Although mine has a frozen shutter.
It seems the biggest issue with the Canonet series was screw glue.
Canon used a crap resin glue to hold tiny screws in place.
The stuff eventually crumbles away from screw heads and makes its way to shutter and aperture blades, gumming them up.
It is a shame really. Of all the rangefinders I have recondition the canons are always the biggest bitch.
Other than that I love em. Nice camera Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This particular camera has a couple issues as well. The film advance lever does not move and the battery cap does not come off (you can see where someone tore it up pretty bad).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, mine will remain a display as well.
It's OK with me I have a few working ql17's and like them better anyway.
It would be nice to have one of these working just for the continuity in the collection.
You've got a lot of Cameras. The display case must be pretty full.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
This particular camera has a couple issues as well. The film advance lever does not move and the battery cap does not come off (you can see where someone tore it up pretty bad).

Mike, I've been successful in taking out such damaged battery caps by using a big screwdriver and applying a lot of pressure. Sometimes pouring some vinegar around the battery cap line helps in loosening the cap.
Good luck in your quest, the camera looks very fine otherwise...

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - These are the ones that are just sitting in a box on the floor, still have a bunch in the closet to dig out. No display case, yet!

Jes - I will try the vinegar to if it helps.