Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 50mm f/0.90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Canon 50mm f/0.90 Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I saw one last week, at a local shop, mounted on a Canon camera.
I only have to sey one thing: IMPRESSIVE Shocked
I could not imagine that lens was SO large.

Theres one on ebay right now, including a Canon rangefinder camera for £700:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-7-50mm-f0-95-Noctilux-lens-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ150378559150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_Film_Cameras_ET?hash=item230342b6ae&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 50mm f/0.90 Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
Orio wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-7-50mm-f0-95-Noctilux-lens-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ150378559150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_Film_Cameras_ET?hash=item230342b6ae&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This eBay listing made me smile - "Canon Noctilux"! But perhaps the vendor will create a new generic term for ultra-fast lenses ... Back in the "good old days" of the 1960s it was called the "Canon Dream", although I think that was a name the photo press may have adopted.

I never owned one but used a borrowed one a few times on a Canon 7. Performance was, er how best to decribe it? Well, pretty good for an f0.95 lens in the early 60s Smile Shots in badly lit places were certainly printable, and the wide aperture held off camera shake, but it certainly wasn't something you'd buy if you wanted high contrast. flare free negs that were pin-sharp from corner to corner. Horses for course as we used to say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 50mm f/0.90 Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
DSG wrote:
Orio wrote:

This eBay listing made me smile - "Canon Noctilux"! But perhaps the vendor will create a new generic term for ultra-fast lenses ... Back in the "good old days" of the 1960s it was called the "Canon Dream", although I think that was a name the photo press may have adopted.

I never owned one but used a borrowed one a few times on a Canon 7. Performance was, er how best to decribe it? Well, pretty good for an f0.95 lens in the early 60s Smile Shots in badly lit places were certainly printable, and the wide aperture held off camera shake, but it certainly wasn't something you'd buy if you wanted high contrast. flare free negs that were pin-sharp from corner to corner. Horses for course as we used to say.

Its also very expensive considering you can get a brand new Voightlander Nokton 50mm f1.1 for over £100 less!:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Voigtlander-50mm-F1-1-Nokton-50-f-1-1-Leica-M-mount_W0QQitemZ230385860790QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraLensesFilters_JN?hash=item35a41140b6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to have this lens and the canon 7 cam. One of my dreams.

If don't remember wrong, the lens had a special bokeh that was the characteristic of it. Specially wide open.

And the canon 7 in the pic, wow !!!

Noctilux (the warmer leica lens) and the canon 0,95 will stay with me some day, I love the great gun lenses.

Rino.-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
darosk wrote:
Orio I think you are talking about nikkor 6mm?

this one?

This thing is scary.

The only really scary fact about that one is a) its price of around 25.000, b) its weight and size and c) to get your feet out of the shot since it has 220 degrees FOV.

I had it, but sold it later, due to b+c.

Just wondering if you have shots from this beast that you can share?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon 50mm f/0.90 Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

On eBay, any plastic "toy camera" is described as a "Lomo" these days!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, Your gear look good. I'll try the one from my friend before I buy. I've any questions about comparing with Leica Noc 50/0.95.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon 50/0.95 has a very bad reputation, usually spread by people who have never used one or by disappointed users who have tried in vain to get a properly focused picture wide open on their Leica. In fact, when I manage to nail the focus, it's not a bad lens at all, even wide open, when you consider its aperture of F/0.95, meaning that the diameter of the lens is actually larger than its focal length! Of course the bokeh gets a bit wild on close focus, but the lens is perfectly usable wide open to shoot a performance in low light on a Micro 4/3rds camera.

Here is an old sample taken on film with the Bessa R3M rangefinder:

F/0.95

And a few pictures taken recently with the Olympus E-P1 Micro 4/3rds digital camera:

F/5.6

F2.0

F/0.95

F/0.95

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz, it's great to have you here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Abbazz, it's great to have you here!

Thanks, Carsten. I have been quite busy lately. Not much time for roaming the forums.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good when you do though! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really need one: http://link.marktplaats.nl/286496853. I don't, but it looks exciting indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fates wrote:
It's good when you do though! Cool

Thank you fates for the warm welcome Embarassed

Here's a blurred picture of stacked chairs taken with the Canon 50-0.95:

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! Crazy bokeh Very Happy
Hi Abazz, my original hometown is nearby, from KK.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darosk wrote:
Ooh! Crazy bokeh Very Happy
Hi Abazz, my original hometown is nearby, from KK.

Hi Darosk, I was in Kota Kinabalu for Hari Raya. I love this city and we now have a daily Air Asia flight, which costs less than the gasoline to go there by car!

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah that's quite ridiculous - but wonderful as well. I must take chance to go visit the next time I'm back in SEA.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Sebastien!! Thanks for sharing!
That most be quite funny to have that hunk
of glass hanging on a micro 4/3 (or better
teh other way round...) Wink Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great shots Sebastien!! Thanks for sharing!
That most be quite funny to have that hunk
of glass hanging on a micro 4/3 (or better
teh other way round...) Wink Wink

Thank you Klaus for the compliments.

You can see a poor E-P1 attached to a Canon 50/0.95 here.

Here's one more taken today with this combo -- it's rather out of focus but, who cares Wink:

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz is your Canon 50mm 0.95 using a c-mount adapter to micro 4/3 camera? Or are you using a M-mount converted Canon 50mm 0.95?
Great shots.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss 50mm F0.7

Or how about the 240mm F1.2 Zoomatar shown here on the 6x7 pentax.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Or how about the 240mm F1.2 Zoomatar shown here on the 6x7 pentax.

coool Cool workout and lens in one! i realy need this one Smile

greetings Kab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 240mm Zoomatar at F1.2
That would be awesome to see Very Happy
I will go and ask the wise man who knows it all 'GOOGLE' Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyisland wrote:
Abbazz is your Canon 50mm 0.95 using a c-mount adapter to micro 4/3 camera? Or are you using a M-mount converted Canon 50mm 0.95?
Great shots.

Thank you skyisland for the kind words.

I was in Paris last week with the Canon 50/0.95. Here are some Autumn impressions of the city:

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful results Sebastien!!