Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

can somebody help what is this lens (CZJ 210mm 4.5 Tessar)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: can somebody help what is this lens (CZJ 210mm 4.5 Tessar) Reply with quote

it has many blades 16
big glass
register distance long=maybe10 cm
if it is a good lens for me i can buy it for 50 dollars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for large format cameras , perhaps for wooden box. What do you want to do with this lens ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you will find a way to use it in a macro setup Razz
His macro shots are brilliant, example

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. thanks Dakoo! Now I can't sleep tonight! Amazing! I have to get one!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly doubt its use for macro...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus ! I believed it , no I know not possible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to know if it is a large format lens is it sharp or good enough for close up photography?
maybe it is a enlarger, i read somewhere ..if it is an enlarger it will be very good performer better than anyone else..210mm 4.5 TESSAR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tessars are not necessarily the best macro lenses nor enlarger lenses by design.

The 120mm Macro AM ED Nikkor for LF is an outstanding, and now quite cheap, LF lens. Here an example shot:
http://portfolio.grossformatfotografie.de/details.php?image_id=5289

Further the Schneider Macro Symmars are excellent lenses.

The best place to ask for that would be (but do a search before)
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=lastpost Here is a special thread on macro lenses:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=43370
I am also a member of that forum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 135mm version ....uncoated ! A simple 4 elements enlarger lens would probably be better ... cheaper and lighter ! I don't use these lenses for macro purposes. I prefer dedicated lenses or Enlarger lenses from Nikon, Schneider, Rodenstock, Kmz (industar 23u) . LF cameras afficionados could be happy with it ! Leave it 'em ! Mr. Green Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Tessars are not necessarily the best macro lenses nor enlarger lenses by design.

Right. Apo Tessars/Skopars were enlarging and process lenses, though - these do quite well for LF macro purposes, and are almost as cheap as old barrel mount Tessars in general. But they still are designed for large format, with a (compared to 35mm) huge CoC and working apertures in the 22-45 range - a 35mm crop off them would be beyond being merely diffraction limited...

Sevo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aah i see my comment was misinterpreted,
sorry attila for the lure !!! Very Happy

well i wanted to say that our new member "dr.volkan " who started the thread does fatastic macro work. The shots i linked up are his. Done with MF lenses.

Maybe he will list them here for us !

First one is
JANPOL 80 mm 5.6 enlarger(m42) as a macro lens

& second one is
MİR 3B 65/3.5 used for Macro with kenko macro tc & flash.