Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Calibrate the photometer 124G Yashica-Mat, is it possible?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Calibrate the photometer 124G Yashica-Mat, is it possible? Reply with quote

When I won on eBay, did not have much faith in it working properly: slow speeds, this type of shutters, they tend to not work or stuck due to lack of lubrication or solidification and accumulation of dirt. The same photometer thought: I read somewhere that the first thing that "dies".

For the first: nothing to fear, all gears work perfectly.

And the meter? Then I put a Wein-Cell 1.35V, open the focusing hood and the needle moves: it works.

Pointing to the sky clear, compare the readings obtained with the Yashica against different cameras, digital and reel: give the same values​​.

I placed a stack of headset (1.4V), and I get the same results.

Conclusion: the photometer works "almost" correctly. I say "almost" because I have omitted one fact: while in the other cameras I set 100ISO, to match the readings on the Yashica-Mat, I have to put ISO400.

When I put a 400ISO film I have to close two points the diaphragm or turn up the speed a colon (one point respectively 200ISO), is that correct?

Or, is it possible to calibrate the meter for a given ISO, aperture and shutter speed displayed correct?

Sorry for the extension and Google translation. Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No answer yet, so I give you the link to my homepage:
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/index-en.html
There are adjustments of exposure meters - but not for your Yashica.
I do not know wheter these instructions could help you, but probably you find there helpul hints how you could repair it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Markus.

Their website is a reference, congratulations for that.

Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
Hope you found a solution for your problem!