Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Brownie cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Brownie cameras Reply with quote

I took some photos of the Brownie cameras handed down by my grandfather. I've had these sitting on display in various places I've lived for more than 30 years, and just discovered that one has a half-shot roll of film in it! So I'll have to see if I can shoot the rest and develop it -- though I have my doubts about developing 90-year-old film!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great images...is that dust or mold around the front of the lenses,on the leather/metal work? I would hope that you could get some results from the old film.....maybe just get it developed instead of trying to use it?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you can shoot 120 with at least a couple of them... worth a try. I have a similar folding pocket brownie which produced results, though for the next try I'll need to put some tape in a couple of strategic spots to eliminate the light leaks. It is fun to shoot with a 100 year old.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just dust -- didn't try to clean them up for their debut!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a nice looking camera.
I`d like to know if you`d be able to do something with that 90 yo film.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, the film may be only 50 years old Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two very nice examples of early cameras and in very good shape.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
I think that's just dust -- didn't try to clean them up for their debut!

Laughing I do the same...photo then clean(maybe).. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the lenses on a DSLR. I took a few out of VPKs and had some fun with them.