Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica Zenzanon 8/500 EII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Bronica Zenzanon 8/500 EII Reply with quote

OK, not the best that this lens has to offer I'm sure, but a start nonetheless.
Here are some images. Higher ISO or sunny conditions necessary because of the slowness of the lens, but not too bad for starters.
OH

@f8

@f11

@ f16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Lovely results.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
That looks indeed impressive.

I like the f8 Bokeh a lot. But it is good to be able to move it into more busy at 11 and 16.

Is my calucaltion correct? is it a 800 equivalent on FX and 1200 equivalent on APS?

No - a 500mm lens is always a 500mm lens no matter what format.
But it only registers the equivalent of what another lens would register on the sensor that it is hitting.
For APS-C with a crop factor of 1.5 - most of them (apart from Canon which is 1.6 I think) - it will show what a 750mm lens would show.
To put it another way, If you were to use a 500mm lens on your camera and then with an adapter you also used a 500mm lens from a 35mm format (full frame), and then a 500mm lens from a Mamiya 645 and then a 500mm from a Pentax 6x7 they would all show you exactly the same image on your sensor. Provided you took the image from exactly the same position with exactly the same camera
OH