Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica Zenza Zenzanon-PE 75mm at F8 and Closest Focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Bronica Zenza Zenzanon-PE 75mm at F8 and Closest Focus Reply with quote

This is my first tryout with the lens on my A7r3. It was also my first experience of having to use the stop-down aperture lever during exposure.

Apart from the first, these images have had no significant cropping

They were shot as RAW images and converted to TIFFs in Sony Edit (using Output, not Save).

These files are so big that portrait format ones (full size TIFFs) are stored, as thumbnail views, turned through 90 degrees. This is no problem when viewing on my PC as they revert to portrait orientation but Stereo Photo maker software can't do that (unless there is a setting unknown to me) so they have to be re-sized.

The other observation in this, and earlier sessions with TIFFs from Sony RAW images, is that they need less sharpening than my ORF-originating ones to avoid artifacts.

The stereos are crosseye.

Some are not of ideal composition because I was avoiding background highlights.

In the same session, I used f5.6 or f11 on other plants but all at closest focus.

Last edited by e6filmuser on Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more images from the same session. These were also at f8. They were the first of the session and therefore my first ever with the lens.

They are uncropped.

The stereo is crosseye.

I have no plans to use this huge lens for macro but it is useful to see what is can do.

I concentrated on the focus of the pink flower and let anything else turn out accordingly.

Two more sets of images to come.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were at f5.6 which is wider than I would use for stereo and f8 would have been better.

The stereo is crosseye.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final images from the session.

They were at f11, which gave scarcely adequate DOF.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest working distance (no hood) is ca 42cm, where the FOV is ca 20cm wide.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking the lens performance with more distant objects (e.g. whole houses) when I found it is very susceptible to flare near the middle of the image. There was no hood with the lens when I purchased it so I have ordered one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
At the very least, I can do my macro in the rich resources of my garden

so beautiful colors, congrats !

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
e6filmuser wrote:
At the very least, I can do my macro in the rich resources of my garden

so beautiful colors, congrats !

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Thanks. All I do is point the lens.