Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica EC-TL Fujichrome 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Bronica EC-TL Fujichrome 100 Reply with quote

I had a complete Bronica EC-TL outfit that I eventually sold to buy a new computer. Yup, back in those days, a new computer cost as much as a decent medium format outfit. It took me a long time to put that outfit together, and where's the computer now? Long forgotten. But I'll bet whoever owns my old EC-TL is still enjoying the great pictures it delivers. The EC-TL was the last of Bronica's focal plane shutter 6x6 medium format cameras.

Location: Arizona Painted Desert area, just north of Interstate 40. Taken in December, 1989. This photo was taken with an EC-TL and Nikkor 80mm lens. Handheld. Exposure unrecorded, but if we figure the sunny F-16 rule, it was probably 1/250 at f/11 or so. Scanned on an Epson 4990 at 2400 ppi. The only thing I did to the image in post processing was bump up the saturation a little.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wow! Beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila.

I'm browsing through some of my slide scans right now, and ran across several I took with a Pentax KX during this same trip. Here's one from the Pentax of the same general area. Probably Kodachrome 64, and I don't remember anymore, but the lens was probably an SMC 50mm f/1.4 (K mount) A couple of things I do remember about shooting with that old KX was that the camera itself was a joy to use, and the lenses were absolutely scary sharp, with wonderful contrast.

All I did with this image was bump up the contrast a bit. That wasn't the slide's fault, it was the scanner's. It blew out some of the highlights though. Scanned with an Epson 3170 at 3200 ppi, reduced and converted to jpg for here.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one too, thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wow! from me.

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, cooltouch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent...and nice to see a sky without jet aircraft vapour trails that I seem to be getting a lot:-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, mesmerizing... I really love desert landscape. Every time I look at it make me wonder, all that years, centuries, millenniums it took to the elements to create such smooth, delicate, colorful shapes.

Cheers, Marty.