Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh rings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Bokeh rings Reply with quote

We all know about the Trioplan 100/2.8, and a few of us have cottoned on to the Primotar 135/3.5 as a cheaper alternative if you like that kind of thing. This got me wondering though...what other lenses can produce this ringed bokeh effect? I guess triplets may be a good choice.

Anyway, I tried a few lenses this evening to see what happens:

Meritar 50/2.9

Pretty cheap lens sometimes, bokeh ring rating 3/5

Meyer Primotar 50/3.5

Arrgh it has a weird highlight shape wide open! Bokeh ring rating 2/5

Meyer Domiplan 50/2.8

Now that's the stuff, bokeh ring rating 5/5

Industar 50-2 50/3.5

Far too normal, bokeh ring rating 1/5

And just for fun...

Steinheil Culminar 85/2.8 VL

Steinheil, you are my hero Smile Bokeh ring rating 10/5 Laughing

So, if you like weird out of focus areas wide open, grab a Domiplan! They're cheap and almost always broken, so you can be safe in the knowledge that you won't accidentally stop down and get a normal image Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that Carl Zeii Prakticar MC (verI) does nice rings

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bokeh rings Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
So, if you like weird out of focus areas wide open, grab a Domiplan! They're cheap and almost always broken, so you can be safe in the knowledge that you won't accidentally stop down and get a normal image Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz Elmaron 2.8/85

Steinheil Cassar S 2.8/50

Meyer Trioplan 2.9/50

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron BBAR Z210 85-210 f4.5 An under rated lens, for many reasons.

The bubble bokeh is one reason.