Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokeh Only!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all these shots, but aren't we gradually shifting away from the original topic, "Bokeh Only!"?

As per the first few images on page 1 of this thread I would interpret "Bokeh Only!" to mean shots where nothing is in focus, the idea being to create an interesting image with out-of-focus subject matter only?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:

Olympus E-M1 II with Olympus Pen F 42 f1.2

Sony A7 II with Olympus OM 90 f2 Macro

Those shots are very impressive! Both lenses seem to be great wide open.

Like 1

RokkorDoctor wrote:
I love all these shots, but aren't we gradually shifting away from the original topic, "Bokeh Only!"?

As per the first few images on page 1 of this thread I would interpret "Bokeh Only!" to mean shots where nothing is in focus, the idea being to create an interesting image with out-of-focus subject matter only?

You're right, of course... I also just went with similar images than what was posted before, because I assumed the thread had moved in a different direction already.

So here are some 'bokeh only' shots:

Nikon "LS-3510AF 50 mm f/3.5" (scanner lens)

Catch me with your can! by simple.joy, on Flickr

Steinheil "V-Cassarit 50 mm f/3.5" (enlarging lens)

Bokeh Bridge by simple.joy, on Flickr

Canon "Micro Zoom Lens BZ02"

A triangular approach on squaring the circle by simple.joy, auf Flickr

Rodenstock "Magnagon 75 mm f/3.5" (scanner lens)

And yet... there is joy! by simple.joy, auf Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Thank you!

VERY nice shots!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject: Lydith 30mm 3.5 Reply with quote

Lydith 30mm 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:

Maybe because images are even more interesting with at least (a little) something in focus Wink
Love this thread. Probably the most dense cumulation of extraordinary images here on MFL.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:

Maybe because images are even more interesting with at least (a little) something in focus Wink
Love this thread. Probably the most dense cumulation of extraordinary images here on MFL.

Agreed on both points.

But I still do like the original idea of this thread doing something a little bit different from the usual ... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Lydith 30mm 3.5 Reply with quote

fotografiasol wrote:
Lydith 30mm 3.5

Like 1

Simple, but very effective!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
ZuikosHexanonsandVivitars wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:

Agreed on both points.

But I still do like the original idea of this thread doing something a little bit different from the usual ... Wink

You are of course right. I just felt a slight pang of guilt remembering my recent contributions to this thread Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 @ f/2.5 / Sony A7RII

Tok9025macroJ_3 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD-I 28mm f3.5/f3.5
2may by Сергей Пашнин, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOG Domiplan 50mm 2.8 @f5.6 or f4

_DSF9627 by Pab, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't believe I missed this thread for almost a decade!
thank you to everyone for the tremendous inspiration!!! my lens hasn't seen proper focus in ages now Wink.
and of course I'd like to share some results:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all pretty, but #6 is gorgeous to me - what lens?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kathala

Great pictures. You made great use of the bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggplant wrote:
Those are all pretty, but #6 is gorgeous to me - what lens?

thank you^^
that's the canon 5o/1.4 FD, which I grew to love so much that it has become my go-to lens: character + sharpness, a rare combination

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One first Picture from 2015 with Sony Nex 5N and Olympus Pen F 42mm f1.2

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios 44-3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primoplan 58
( Only 96.3% 'bokeh only', sorry, couldnt resist )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two from my Rokunar 300mm f/5.6 mirror lens:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
One first Picture from 2015 with Sony Nex 5N and Olympus Pen F 42mm f1.2

Like 1 small

All the photos I've seen in this thread have been enjoyable to me - whether fully out of focus or not.
But I was curious to see what this topic's original post contained before it was edited.

If you're also interested, you can find the unedited post at the Internet Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160327215743/http://forum.mflenses.com/bokeh-only-t69142.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55 wrote:

All the photos I've seen in this thread have been enjoyable to me - whether fully out of focus or not.
But I was curious to see what this topic's original post contained before it was edited.

If you're also interested, you can find the unedited post at the Internet Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160327215743/http://forum.mflenses.com/bokeh-only-t69142.html

Very interesting seeing the initial post. Also how quickly shots with something in focus were in the mix as well... so I suppose I don't find it sacrilege to post those as well, as long as the main point of the image is the bokeh anyway. Hope most here agree, because here's another 'cheating' one:

A spoonful of bokeh! by simple.joy, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Very interesting seeing the initial post. Also how quickly shots with something in focus were in the mix as well... so I suppose I don't find it sacrilege to post those as well, as long as the main point of the image is the bokeh anyway. Hope most here agree, because here's another 'cheating' one:

You won't hear me complaining, simple.joy. I find your photos enchanting and hope you'll continue to share them with us. Smile

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC ROKKOR-X 58mm/1.2 on SONY A7S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asahi Super-Takumar 1.4 / 50 (8-element)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55 wrote:

You won't hear me complaining, simple.joy. I find your photos enchanting and hope you'll continue to share them with us. Smile

Like 1 small

Thanks a lot - glad you think so!

There's a melody in everything... by simple.joy, on Flickr

Event horizon... (at breakfast) by simple.joy, on Flickr

The idea of a flower by simple.joy, on Flickr