Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Biotar Set Screw broken, need new, or way to recut slot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Biotar Set Screw broken, need new, or way to recut slot Reply with quote

I picked up a glorious non-functioning prewar HEAVY Exakta mount Zeiss 5.8cm/2 Biotar. Good glass, good cosmetics, but heavy fogged glass, and some diaphragm and grease problems.

This thing is built to a much higher level than any other lens I've rebuilt, and I've rebuilt a lot of pre and post war German glass: Xenons, Tessars, Primoplans etc.

So far, I've re-riveted and broken diaphram blade, degreased/cleaned everything, fixing a lot of previous 'repairs'.

But, there are 2 set screws with one side of their heads broken.

I need to either find replacements, or, using some kind of micro saw, re-slot the heads.

I've no idea where to get micro set screws, or even a tiny little saw or file to reslot the screws. Any ideas?

Eugene

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.micro-tools.com/store/home.aspx

Try to ask them!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Pix Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it, some pics of the pieces.

It has the craziest iris I've seen. Only 8 blades, but it's a dome. It actually curves up into the front element of the rearmost group. Crazy!

All the pieces:

The set screw in question is circled. The helical is actually bronze!!!

Disassembled blades:

More bits:

More bits: