Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

best p&s?: canon s90-review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: best p&s?: canon s90-review Reply with quote

there is a review on dp of this little beauty:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons90/

please, review-site haters, we know the limitations of these reviews, but they do present interesting talking points, plus there are certain important bits of info we can pick up from them distinct from the admittedly deficient 'testing' they purport to do.Very Happy

i have this camera, and i really like it a lot. the best features are: the extensive amount of manual control and customization it offers; the customizable lens ring, the very decent iso 800 performance and the fact it easily fits in your shirt pocket.

i know this is a manual focus site, so p&s is by definition 'off topic', but as hobbyists they say the worst shot you take is the one you didnt get because you didnt want to take a camera with you! this tiny wonder solves that problem--if you can comfortably carry a pack of cigarettes (no kids we dont condone smoking, we're only using this for size/weight comparisons Laughing ) you can carry this.

just something to think about....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do lust after these Canons... but I tend more towards the commodity end in p&s - i.e. the cheap Canons - though all I have is a Fuji F10 Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jussi if you ever want to stray, this would be the one!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: best p&s?: canon s90-review Reply with quote

I must confess a sneaking love for my very pocketable G7 - anyone else got a 'guilty secret'.. come on you know we won't tell! lol

Doug

rbelyell wrote:
there is a review on dp of this little beauty:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons90/

please, review-site haters, we know the limitations of these reviews, but they do present interesting talking points, plus there are certain important bits of info we can pick up from them distinct from the admittedly deficient 'testing' they purport to do.Very Happy

i have this camera, and i really like it a lot. the best features are: the extensive amount of manual control and customization it offers; the customizable lens ring, the very decent iso 800 performance and the fact it easily fits in your shirt pocket.

i know this is a manual focus site, so p&s is by definition 'off topic', but as hobbyists they say the worst shot you take is the one you didnt get because you didnt want to take a camera with you! this tiny wonder solves that problem--if you can comfortably carry a pack of cigarettes (no kids we dont condone smoking, we're only using this for size/weight comparisons Laughing ) you can carry this.

just something to think about....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: best p&s?: canon s90-review Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I must confess a sneaking love for my very pocketable G7 - anyone else got a 'guilty secret'.. come on you know we won't tell! lol

LX3, but you knew that.

Though I know a couple of folks who have even been seduced away from the LX3 by the S90. It's that good, apparently.