Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best Bargain Yet: $22 for working Singlex with 55mm 1.4 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Best Bargain Yet: $22 for working Singlex with 55mm 1.4 lens Reply with quote

The other day, I was at an antique mall near where I live and found a working Singlex camera with an Auto Rikenon 55 1.4 lens attached for $22. Here's some pics.....

Other than the ding on the filter ring, the lens performs beautifully and the glass looks pretty clean. As much as the lens excites me, I was really surprised that the Singlex still works. The Zenit and Pentax Spotmatic I scalped for their lenses no longer have working shutters so it was nice to put a roll of film in the Singlex and shoot with some of my M42 lenses natively.

Looking forward to taking it along with me at a wedding shoot and shooting a roll or two for fun.

Chris W

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you ever grow tired of that rikenon, I will take it Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely keep you in mind for it. I was going to put the Mamiya Sekor 55mm 1.4 up for sale but my wife nixed the idea. It's enjoying a nice retirement on the Singlex body I bought. From what I can gather, I think they are identical Tomioka lenses. Here's a pic of it......

I'll put it up here first if we decide to put it back out there. Nothing is worse than a lens that's not used.

Chris W

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a sweet deal .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are identically beautiful Razz