Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessamatic Color Skopar 50mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Bessamatic Color Skopar 50mm f2.8 Reply with quote

My first non-slr lens - I quite like to low profile of the lens and the IQ. Biggest downside so far is the minimum focusing distance -1 meter.

A few more pictures with the Skopar attached to my macros bellows:

(a bit of photshop in this image to clean up the petals)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics.

Which skopar are you talking about?

As you said Bessamatic, it's a SRL lens..

Skopar 2,8/50

Skopar X 2,8/50

If it's a not X version, look at the reflections of the lens.

two colors, pale blue and yellow, firs version of the not X.

Three color, pale blue, yellow and pale magenta, the second version of the not X Skopar.

All of them have a nice color rendering, very subtle and balanced contrast.

Rino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment.
"As you said Bessamatic, it's a SRL lens.. "
Yes! you are correct, I should have said my first very compact and low profile lens. This is the Skopar X version.

This lens has a very interesting design that seems to work well. Now that I have started using it, I am wondering why there are not many lens for other mounts of a similar size and design height-probably I have not seen enough to know better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss Tessar (CZJ, Y/C Prak mount), Nikkor, minolta, canon, pentax, schneider xenar, kodak ektar, rodenstock, voigtlander super lanthar, ricoh, mamiya, etc.

All of them (almost all camera and lenses brands) have a voigtlander skopar lens design (a tessar one). And almost all of them are a tiny lens too.

But the skopar (SRL) is one of the best.

Rino.