Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beroflex 135 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Beroflex 135 2.8 Reply with quote

I went to a Flea Market this morning. I was looking for a 50mm Nikon mount. I didn't find any Nikon mount in good condition but I found this lens. It cost around US$8 with adapter.
Any one knows who made this lens? It is well construction and the serial nº is 25214....

Here is a quick test...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese or Korean maker for sure, I have later edition acceptable IQ horrible all plastic lens even front a rare glasses were plastic.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila,

Mine is Japanese.
It has a reasonable weigth, so I guess its not plastic. I will do more tests and show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yours is older that time they made metal glass lenses. Perhaps pretty good one.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Beroflex lens Reply with quote

This lens was sold in UK under the 'Hanimar' and other labels - it was about the cheapest on the market in the early 1980s and had a reputation for mechanical problems in the M42 version. The diaphragm actuating pin was a weak point and failed to stop down the iris, and sometimes the focusing assembly came loose. But the optical performance never seemed to upset anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scsambrook,
Thank you.
I realy didn't expected too much from it. I don't know why I buy glasses only because is a bargain....I guess I am addicted... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good surprise!! Look at it!!!

Both at 5.6 and no photoshop.

100% crop

100% crop