Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Tamron 2.8 F135mm Adapta-matic:Dust removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Auto Tamron 2.8 F135mm Adapta-matic:Dust removal Reply with quote

I am asking first before touching(learnt from the komura)
How easy is it to clean out the dust especially the back element as there is an annoying red fibre(plant???) that is sitting on the lens.Plus a lot of other dust through out.I am by no means gifted at doing these things but I can follow clear instructions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, should not difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the answer I am looking for is like the komura lens I was caught out by a simple spring...still trying to put it back in.....When you start to dismantle a lens for the first time what is the best way to go about it...Start at the front or back.I have googled a bit on trying to understand what I may face by undoing a lens and have come across a few interesting threads but as I assume all lens are not made the same but surely there should be a rule of thumb for all of them??
looks like the cleaning is the easiest part getting in to clean is the hardest.... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a very general rule, I would say start from the back. Of course, it depends on many factors, and there is often little commonality between lenses from the same manufacturer. I learned this back when I used to buy the AI kits from Nikon to convert non-AI lenses to AI. Seemed like every lens design had its own method for linking up to the aperture ring.

Also, because the openings in a lens tend to be larger at the back than elsewhere (usually the focus and/or zoom rings fit tightly enough such that not much dust gets in that way), and these openings are the most often exposed as lenses are swapped out, this is another reason to start at the back. Chances are most of the dust is located closer to the back than the front. The aperture blades are also usually closer to the rear of the lens, and if they need service, you're there.

If you have dust throughout, though, you're pretty much looking at total dismantlement. Take plenty of pics with your digicam.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I have to shelve the dusting of this lens and learn on my soligor Confused