Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Tamron 135mm f3.5 SRT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Auto Tamron 135mm f3.5 SRT Reply with quote

Just got this cute little old Tammy 135mm. It looks like it had an old Tamron Adaptall mount because the newer Adaptall adaptor won't work. I got this lens in Minolta SRT mount. It has a nice bluish coating. Here are some photos taken wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely colours Smile

Sounds like the Adaptamatic version to me! Does it have a silver screw in holder over the Minolta mount?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There supposedly isn't a 135/3.5 Adaptall or Adaptamatic. The Adaptall site doesn't mention it, neither does Tamron.

However, there are many lenses missing from what is documented about Tamron lenses, several people on mflenses have shown these.

It would be interesting to see this lens. It could be a rare one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard for me to explain here, the SRT adaptor unlike the modern ones, u need to unscrew the silver ring to remove it. I will try to get a shot of the lens tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an early adaptamatic. please post some pics of the lens, I'm intrigued!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it sounds like an Adaptamatic.

But if it is, it is not mentioned by Tamron or the Adaptall site.

So it might be a "rare" version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up folks !

Sorry for the wait. Here are the photos of the lens. Now, you all can tell if it is the 'rare' ones. Laughing

With original Tamron cap

Nice bluish coating

SRT

Adaptor removed by unscrewing the thin jagged ring

Number of blades

Auto lever

SRT mount side

Unknow gear thing

Unknow 'blade' thing rotating in opposite angle against each other

The A/M switch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! It looks fantastic Smile So Tamron DID make a 135/3.5 adaptamatic!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the parts/junk/crap basket in the old shop, I found few Tamron Adaptall lenses, the common ones like those with BBAR zoom lenses but this piece stoods out like a sore thumb. One is because of its small size and two because the shape and number color looks interesting.

So its the piece of history I concluded ? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely an Adaptamatic.

Definitely a rare piece, undocumented by Tamron. I also have not seen it in any Tamron sales materials or advertising of the time.

It must have been made in the later series of Adaptamatics, because of the rubber grip.

You certainly have a collectors item !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I overlooked a 135mm F3.5 in F mount a while back because there were no pictures of the mount end.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Definitely an Adaptamatic.

Definitely a rare piece, undocumented by Tamron. I also have not seen it in any Tamron sales materials or advertising of the time.

It must have been made in the later series of Adaptamatics, because of the rubber grip.

You certainly have a collectors item !

I agree with you about it being a later generation due to the rubber grip and because of the open metering capability. I wonder if the gearing on the Minolta mount corresponds to the later Pentax m42 mount for the ESII and Spotmatic F. I don't know Minolta that well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
In the parts/junk/crap basket in the old shop, I found few Tamron Adaptall lenses, the common ones like those with BBAR zoom lenses but this piece stoods out like a sore thumb. One is because of its small size and two because the shape and number color looks interesting.

So its the piece of history I concluded ? Laughing

I envy you guys that have shops with used gear and these "junk" bins. I don't have anything like that within 500 miles of me.