Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 50/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 50/1.9 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have never seen anything with max. aperture of 1.9 (only 1.4, 1.7, 1.8, 2, etc.), so I just could not resist to buy it Wink
It is a nice little lens with buttery smooth focus ring. Unfortunately, my copy does not focus to infinity, so I use it mostly for closeups. Also, I had to fix stuck aperture blades first but it was quite easy.

Here are two samples at the minimal distance (cca 0.4m), @F5.6 (if I remeber correctly):

And yet another two with a macro conversion lens. I think the aperture was F8 and F5.6, but here I am really unsure:

Michal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cleaned blades but did not adjust infinity? Why so? Nice samples of very nice lens. I like it too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason is simple: I just was not able to figure out how to fix it yet Smile Sure, I will give it yet another try.

On the other hand, disengaging the aperture blades was rather easy. Someone had put the aperture lever and spring in the opposite direction, so that the blades were locked fully open. I was lucky that it was not necessary to disassemble the lens into pieces to pull out the two parts and put them back correctly.

Michal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most lenses of moderate aperture made by major manufacturers will give very nice photos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many German companies had 1.9/50 lenses. But I think the Revuenon was made in Japan. Miranda used a 1.9/50 supposedly made by Kowa, and Yashica made a 1.9/50 too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got diamonds, dots, double lines but ellipse Smile? Anyway it seems like classic Chinon lens, thus Tomioka would not be exluded. Dimitry?

Revuenon 1.9/50 Auto by praktinafan, on Flickr