Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Ozunon 24mm f/3.5 lens test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Auto Ozunon 24mm f/3.5 lens test Reply with quote

I recently found a rather obscure lens, the Auto Ozunon 24mm f/3.5. I decided to put it to the test.

Considering the 42.4 mp sensor, I think the center resolution is pretty damn good at all the tested apertures.
There is quite a bit of vignetting. Personally this is not a problem for me. Corner performance is not great, but gets OK at around f/11.

Some more test shots:

A picture right into the sun. We see some reflections, but the overall contrast and colors remain good:

The lens allows for 1:4 reproduction, which is not bad at all:

I'm actually quite surprised by the overall image quality this lens is capable of.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad! Decent sharpness at the center. Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Yes indeed. And sharpness seems to be only an issue in the very extreme corners.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd live with that, the center sharpness is impressive for a 24. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Yes indeed. And sharpness seems to be only an issue in the very extreme corners.

These old 24mms seem to be able to do pretty well. I have an Osawa 24mm f/2.8, quite sharp at the center.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more examples: