Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon MC 1.4/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Auto Chinon MC 1.4/55 Reply with quote

Just got this lens. Any feedback on the lens? Might it be made by Tomioka?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Chinon MC 1.4/55 Reply with quote

WallyJr74 wrote:
Just got this lens. Any feedback on the lens? Might it be made by Tomioka?

Likely suspect. Tomioka tends to get blamed for most non-Takumar M42 50-55s. I have one of these, it's cleaned up but I haven't taken any pictures with it yet. I also recently picked up a 55/1.4 Mamiya/Sekor. The Chinon and Mamiya share an interesting optical feature. The rear surface of the rear element is flat, or very nearly so. I also have a 1.4 Yashinon. Given that Yashica owned Tomioka I thought that it would be the same as the Chinon and Mamiya, but it has a convex rear surface. Go figure!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had both (although non MC) - and apart from minor cosmetic differences, the results are very similar.

I see more and more of these being advertised on the 'bay as being Tomiokas, but in my opinion, if it ain't on the nameplate, supposition isn't proof enough Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know chinon's history, but think that the question is Did Chinon your owns lenses or glasses?

If you look at the schame of the mamiya, chinon, yashica and fuji lenses of the same focal at the time (M42), all are the same lenses. So who did the glasses?