Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon 35mm F2.8 (Tomioka?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Auto Chinon 35mm F2.8 (Tomioka?) Reply with quote

Well I have a little love affair with the 1st Manual lens i ever bought and that was the Auto Chinon (Tomioka) 55m F1.7 I fell in love with the oil like paintings i could make with the lens and it put me on the very slippery slope of LBA plus i liked the leather focus grip, etc.
So I have tried to gather a few more and when i spotted a 35mm F2.8 I knew it had to be mine so i upped the bids and won the lens is the same as this

Very smooth focus just like its bigger counterpart.
Similar construction and finish but the lens operates the other way from the 55mm
I suspect it was also made by Tomioka
Samples beloow mostly shot at F5.6 / 8 and some at F2.8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a nice lens to me. There are loads of these silver band lenses on ebay all the time, whether they are Tomiokas or not I have no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive. That looks like a keeper.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samples look excellent. But this lens is completely different from 55mm. This one is made by Sun.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eddieitman,

Those pics are spectacular Very Happy I really like the colors and it does look very sharp. I hope mine performs like yours.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Regards,

Gavin