Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Takumar 28/3.5 -- SMC vs. Super-Multi-Coated
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Asahi Takumar 28/3.5 -- SMC vs. Super-Multi-Coated Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm aware that the 50mm/1.4 Takumar comes in (at least) 3 flavors: Super-Takumar, Super-Multi-Coated Takumar, and SMC Takumar.

Can anyone tell me if the same is true of the Takumar 28/3.5?

I read about and see the Super-Multi-Coated version everywhere, but the SMC version, if it exists, seems to be almost invisible.

Cheers,

Jay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 4 versions of 50/1.4:

Super Takumar - old version, no thorium, 8 optical elements (protruding rear element), 6 iris blades
Super Takumar - newer version, thorium, 7 optical elements, 6 iris blades, may have experimental MC layers (up-to 4 layers)
S-M-C Takumar - SMC (7 layers), thorium, 7 elements, 8 blades
SMC Takumar - SMC (7 layers), thorium, 7 elements, 8 blades, rubber focusing ring

and 2 versions of 35/3.5:

Super and S-M-C. As I know, there is no SMC 35/3.5. There is an older Auto-Takumar 35/3.5, but its optical design is different.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in 28mm, I happen to have a Super and a S-M-C.

According to the Danilo Cecchi book, there was a Super Tak 28/3.5 introduced in the mid 60's. He lists a SMC Tak 28/3.5 as well. There clearly is a S-M-C version, but I haven't seen the SMC.

According to whitemetal.com there may have been two versions of the Super:
http://whitemetal.com/pentax/index_pentax_lenses.htm