Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi SMC Takumar 35/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Asahi SMC Takumar 35/3.5 Reply with quote

Asahi SMC Takumar 35/3.5

This lens is often left out (likely due it's lower speed), but it is one of the best 35mm I have ever tried.

Here are some examples (unfortunately bad lighting conditions in all shots):

HR version

HR version

wide opened:

HR version

(bad focusing, slightly out of the bee)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice pics. I have the earlier Super Tak version of this and I think it's maybe faulty, not as good as yours. But you've given me a push into trying it again! Smile

Where are these pics taken?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice photos no-X!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

peterqd: It's ruin of castle Maidstein (Divci kamen in Czech, year 1349), South Bohemia, Czech Republic. Exactly here Smile

The second shot could be sharper, but the combination of overcasted sky, my shaky hands and lack of IS on my Sigma SD14 caused slight blur at 1/60"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! It's a great (but rather slow) glass!
I like my copy a lot as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some more examples (congregation of dogs) by Takumar 35/3.5 and EOS 5D.

This is Mazy (female shelty), ours is Taro (male shelty) in the third photo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had in the past this lens I didn't like it. Still I think any Flektogon is better deal. You have a very nice dog Koji! I would like to see some portrait from her/him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flektogon is really universal lens, but under specific circumstances produces quite significant CA (not the case of my todays test). I would choose SMC 35/3.5 for landscapes and Flektogon for anything else Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the wonderful thing in diversity and in old lenses we can afford many of them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a fantastic lens, but in bright daylight when I put on a PL filter it's difficult to see through it! No matter though, the results are excellent anyway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too I have the Super Tak version, and I find it very sharp.
I actually have been thinking that this lens is well known and respected, I like it a lot.

A few weeks ago I had opened a thread with some samples:
http://forum.mflenses.com/super-takumar-35mm-f3-5-t6977,highlight,35mm+takumar.html

cheers,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get the dog to watch the ball so long you could switch the angle - focus - and take the picture? Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was easy, the dog wont move until the owner, sitting on the bench, kicks the ball. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my M42 adapter today and tried this lens out, and it works great. I can count the hair on my nose from a self-portrait. So it may be too sharp for portraits. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One forgotten shot (same day and location as the others)