Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arsat - M (Granit 11) 80-200mm Tri-X Sample + Fuji Superia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Arsat - M (Granit 11) 80-200mm Tri-X Sample + Fuji Superia Reply with quote

I got the Arsat the other day. It is one of the very few Soviet m42 zoom lenses. I was just doing some really quick snapshots. This particular shot was done at f4.5. It certainly is not sharp at that aperture but it has a certain appeal I think. What does everyone think? This is taken strait from the scanner as a color scan. I didn't remove the color channels.

Last edited by themoleman342 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post more pictures - it´s impossible to judge by this one, monochrome, close-focused picture.

I´m interested in this lens - there´s a F-mount version, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but you may have to wait a week or so before I have new pictures. I'll be sure to take an entire roll with the lens. The lens is a rare find outside of the usual BIN auctions for $80 or more. I got it alongside a Zenit 122, 12xp, helios 44m-5, and a zenitar M2s for $30 (including shipping).

Frankly I don't expect it to be a spectacular performer, no better than much cheaper and more available Vivitar zooms, but I will most definitely update this thread. The 'busy' oof highlights is what most intrigued me. I tend to like that sort of effect. I know, however, many do not. Thank you for the interest.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of photos of my brother. Nothing very exciting (or good for that matter) but I think it shows the lens is not a total dog.