Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arriflex standard lenses to M42/P-K mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Arriflex standard lenses to M42/P-K mount Reply with quote

I would like to know if somebody succeded in adapting a video camera lens in Arriflex standard mount to M42 or Pentax K bayonet.
There are many very good zooms and primes that were built with Arriflex mount, some of first class brands like Agenieux, Kilfitt, etc. etc.
The cheapest (and oldest) ones are in "standard" Arri mount.
I would like to know if the adaptation is easy or not, and if the flange to film distance is bigger or smaller than M42 lenses.
Of course i am considering the lenses for 35mm video cameras, that would abundantly cover the APS-C sensor.
The lenses for 16mm. cameras could be probably adapted to four thirds cameras, as do "C" mount video lenses. But i am not sure about it.
Anyway, i have only APS-C DSRL cameras (Pentax), and the only use i could find for a 16mm. Som Berthiot prime lens i purchased long time ago, was to make two adapters, to use the lens on bellows, for macro work. The adapters are two, so i can use the lens both the normal way, and reversed. The former for up to 1:1, and the latter for bigger enlargements of the original.
I used that lens for some test shots, the result was good and the coverage was provided by the bellows extension.
That kind of lenses are usually very small (allowing for easy lighting when the lens is very close to the subject), and sometimes of very good quality. AFAIK most of the times the "normal" 16mm prime lenses work very well reversed.

Coming back to the Arriflex 35mm video lenses, if somebody has some infos, please post your experience.
As i have the chance to buy a nice lens in Arriflex Standard mount, and i have to decide quickly, please PM the infos i am looking for.

have fun

CJ

P.S.
If somebody knows about a good web page (or forum post) that analyzes the feasibility of the adaptation of various lens mounts to M42 screw mount, please report the URL