Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Argus Cintar 50mm f/3.5 on Oly MFT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Argus Cintar 50mm f/3.5 on Oly MFT Reply with quote

Hacked this using PVC electrical conduit adapters. Looks funky, but works!

No lenses or cameras were harmed for this conversion. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Argus Cintar 50mm f/3.5 on Oly MFT Reply with quote

chicks wrote:
Hacked this using PVC electrical conduit adapters. Looks funky, but works!

No lenses or cameras were harmed for this conversion. Wink

Now you can see them. It`s an anti-spam measure, you cannot post pictures in your first post.
Welcome aboard!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work around Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trick. Now look for the lenses Enna made for the Argus C3: Sandmar 35/4.5 and Tele-Sandmar 100/4.5. The 35 can get pricey by itself, but the two together can sometimes be found for not too much money. My mint 'collectable' pair (with cases, VF, hoods) were about US$15 each. The funkier pair I adapted (with infinity focus) were about US$20 each. Nice optics. Be sure to get the hoods.

I was able to adapt the Ennas for Pentax PK mount by drilling holes in PK body caps and inserting the lenses up to their knurled rear rings, then gluing them into place. My Cintar 50/3.5's (one marked 3.5-5.6-8-11-16, the other marked 3.5-4.5-9-14-1Cool don't quite allow that trick. I should try your PVC-cap idea, inverted. There's also an Argus Cintagon 100/4.5 made by Steinheil for C44 mount that should be similarly adaptable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, and nice implementation!.
Congrats,

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Nice trick. Now look for the lenses Enna made for the Argus C3: Sandmar 35/4.5 and Tele-Sandmar 100/4.5. The 35 can get pricey by itself, but the two together can sometimes be found for not too much money. My mint 'collectable' pair (with cases, VF, hoods) were about US$15 each. The funkier pair I adapted (with infinity focus) were about US$20 each. Nice optics. Be sure to get the hoods.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open. All my MF lenses are Goodwill finds, so I have a great collection of "nifty fifties", but nothing exotic (so far). Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you've got an adapted Yashica Lynx 45mm lens over there, that's quite exotic.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it always amazes me that people even think of this stuff, let alone have the ability to do it. excellent.
tony

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an ingenious adapter you made! Nice photographs, thanks for sharing them and belated welcome to MFlenses!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say, amazing photos.. #3 nice details , i imagine it's not so easy to focus with this lens no ?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexaddict wrote:
I would say, amazing photos.. #3 nice details , i imagine it's not so easy to focus with this lens no ?

Thanks! Focusing is pretty easy, the knurled ring at the outer edge is the focusing ring. As you know, the VF-2 helps immensely...

Setting the aperature is a bit of a PITA, using the two pegs on the front. The lens is a lot lighter than my nifty fifties, including the Hexanon 50/1.7.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't often use this lens, but it's always fun. Such a small and lightweight thing. Snapped today (cropped):

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another C3 at the Goodwill, this time with the Tele-Sandmar 100mm f/4.5 The limitations of a plastic mount become apparent when changing lenses a time or two. Naturally, the threads stripped, so will be looking for a metal adapter. Another thread mentions the use of a Kodak Series V adapter, may try to find one.