Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Argus C3 regestration distance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Argus C3 regestration distance Reply with quote

It's not listed on any chart I have.I need to know what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Found on a forum Reply with quote

Posted: Aug 27, 2007 8:59 PM
Because Im crazy and I collect lens ..

Registration Distance is the distance from the lens mounting flange to the film. This distance allows the lens to focus properly. The Throat is the diameter of the mount opening. In some cases, lenses with very narrow throats can be mounted INSIDE cameras with very wide throats. Most lenses protrude past the lens mount, so if a camera body has a narrow throat like the Argus, it makes mounting other lenses difficult. Unfortunately I dont have access to more cameras to measure the throat information. Most of these numbers came off of various websites:

Argus C3: 41mm r.d. 33mm t.

Canon FD: 42mm r.d. 48mm t.
Minolta MD: 43.7mm r.d. 44mm t.
Pentax M42: 45.46mm r.d. 42mm t.
Pentax K: 45.46mm r.d. (I dont think it has the same throat as M42)
Contax/Yashica: 45.5mm r.d.
Olympus OM: 46mm r.d. 44mm t.
Nikon F: 46.5mm r.d. 44mm t.
Leica R: 47mm r.d.
Tamron T2: 55mm r.d. 42mm t.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You. So with a custom made adapter I could use it on my Minolta
X370. No infinty focus but usable.