Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any experience with wrongly reassembled Sonnars?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Any experience with wrongly reassembled Sonnars? Reply with quote

Today I received a nice Enna Tele Ennalyt 2,8/135mm. Zebra barrel, not the plastic one. Should be a proper Sonnar with 3 elements, 2 groups in front of the iris.
Looking at the back, i can see a small blob of black silicon, to lock the the glass, and some more silicon all around, probably to seal from stray light.
I tried to focus, with no success.
At f/22(!) this is the best i can get:

It seems that the glasses were wrongly reassembled.
Did you ever find this kind of problem?
Could be the back group reverse mounted?
Any advice?
Thanks

P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The construction of this lens is very similar to the following one. You need to check yourself if there is flipped or missing element.
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_3204.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Enna Tele Ennalyt 2,8/135mm zebra Reply with quote

I found what was wrong!
This time buying a "defekt" lens resulted in a huge disappointment.
What was described as "focusing problem" had nothing to do with the focusing helicoid or the infinity setting.
The spacer ring between the first two front element is missing!
The external lens lies on top of the second element, instead of being distanced a few millimeter.
It is a "simplified Sonnar" design, with three air spaced elements at the front.

Is there a nice soul out there who's willing to devote some of his precious time to the restoration of my Tele Ennalyt 2,8/135mm zebra?
Taking out the retaining ring at the front with a rubber cap or a caliper (no indents for lens spanner), after removing the front element it should be easy to take out the underlying spacer ring and measure its height.
With that measure i can redo the spacer and salvage the lens, which would otherwise be lost.
It would be a pity, cause early aluminium Enna lenses were not bad at all!

For anybody handy enough, and with the right tools, it would take a few minutes, if the ring is not stuck.
And i'd be eternally grateful! Smile

Cheers

P