Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any experience with PATHÉSCOPE 'H' lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Any experience with PATHÉSCOPE 'H' lenses? Reply with quote

Those lenses are designed for 9,5mm film format (Image size: 6.5 by 8.5 mm) so very close to 16mm format and have an interchangeable mount with the same thread size as 8mm 'D' mount.

The lenses should be made by 'Som Berthiot' including a 20mm f1.9 focusing.

Does anyone here have info or direct experience for them?
Can they be adapted to micro 4/3?

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one or similar, coming soon.

It is more of an 8mm lens, than 16mm? It will be good for Pentax Q and Kenko but at only 20mm, it will probably vignette badly. Anything over 34mm in 8mm may well cover the 4/3 sensor or leave gentle vignette.

On a Pany, digi zoom ETC will give an acceptable result! Still photo may not be so good?

I have an EP-1 and am getting into 8mm, as the 16mm seems way too pricey now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for one of those too.
i got one body but with half lens only and it looks like the mount is smaller in size than c-mount.

btw i have 8mm 2.8/40 Sonnar for Pentaka and his samples look very nice.
The soft vignetting really created a nice atmosphere. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the camera last week.
it came with 2 lenses (one i guess with fixed focus and one with focusing helicoid) .
Both are 50mm f 3.5.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left the body with the vendor!

The lens was F2.8 to 22. Marked 27 degrees, with the symbol o as a superscript. Name COLOTAR. Made in England. D mount lens.

Tiny. Obviously not French despite that origin for the body. Cheap tho Embarassed
I'll send in a pic once I get my second hand Pentax Q or Kenko!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat
how do you mount those d-mount lenses - is there a special adapter for them?
I will make pictures of my 2 lenses - i got some tiny filters for them too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here they are:

The small lens (about 1,5 cm in length) says PATHEX ANASTIGMAT OPT. Co. LEICESTER PAT. 438605

There is no focal length mentioned, only f 2.5 as a minimum on the aperture scale. Other strange thing is that it doesn't have focusing ring.. only aperture ring and judging by the description provided here http://www.pathefilm.freeserve.co.uk/95gearpathe.htm it should be the a 20mm f2.5 fixed focus.

Don't know if something is missing from this lens but it looks like having only 2 elements.

There are 4 filters you can attach to it ( orange-red, UV, and 2 portrait attachments).

The other lens looks more interesting.
It's a SOM BERTHIOT PARIS CINOR 1:3.5 F=50

Having length about 4 cm and it has a focusing ring and aperture ring, also there is a metal hood and UV filter.
This should be the long telephoto Wink

Unfortunately i don't have an adapter for those lenses and can't really try them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan,
I am just buying them at the moment. They will rise later. There is an adapter on fleabay, D to C Mount.

Click here to see on Ebay JinFinance so we know it is reliable!

Only the longer 35mm+ d mount lenses will work without much vignetting.

Pat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing it Pat.
I will definitely get it.

Do you know if there is an adapter for Pentaka bayonet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D Mount lenses and even some wide C mount lenses, may not have a focus ring, as the dof is very large at this size.

Who says perfect street lens????? Laughing

Some CCTV lenses and Pentax 110 lenses, do not have aperture control....

Pathe, with an acute accent on the E, was a 16mm film company that brought news reels to UK Cinemas, before TV killed the Cinema. UK based, so SOM Berthiot lenses will not be usual?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Pentax A?

Sure, but you have to go via a C mount! The D mount lens will be macro only, also, no matter the FL.