Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another "new" toy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Another "new" toy Reply with quote

A slightly unusual brand this one, a Beirax 6x9 folder with a nice clear f4.5 10.5cm Ludwig Victar triplet lens. Body is standard size for the type, it has a rather cute hidden button for opening the bellows. The shutter release is on the shutter next to the cocking lever.

The lens seems to be perfect, the shutter is a bit slow below 1/10s and obviously needs a good wash but otherwise seems okay except the lettering around the f8 mark on the aperture scale has been eroded, delay timer works properly, front standard is good and solid with an insignificant patch of rust, bellows seem fine, body needed a bit of a polish .... all in all not a bad deal for five pounds and 50p. It's about what it cost new in the late 30s, actually.

That's its carrying pouch it is sitting on.

I should get a test film back tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty.

I have a Victar 7.5cm in my Certo Super Sport Dolly, a very vintag-y look.