Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another interesting 50mms comparison
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Another interesting 50mms comparison Reply with quote

Some time ago people on Yashica.boards were discussing 50mm lenses, including those which are well loved and used by many. Some members proposed quite interesting and revealing comparisons.

From there 4 well documented pages I knew that there is a possible copy variation among Yashicas ML 1.7/50 which might be quite strong. Normally, we discuss that applied to Soviet or East German lenses. Another interesting thing is the difference of Yashicas ML 1.4 vs. 1.7 as for sharpness across the frame. Or Canon vs Takumar vs Yashica.

I think it could be a good contribution to the general knowledge base. Unless someone already posted and discussed this here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can cite the source & provide a link to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done that in the first line. The same goes for the active link of the image.

Just in case, I repeat it here in an explicit form http://yashica.boards.net/thread/303/question-ml-1-4-50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. Canon seems to be the best performer IMO! (But I hate FD mount 😤)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Very interesting. Canon seems to be the best performer IMO! (But I hate FD mount 😤)

It is interesting in context of the contemporary lenses. The original version of FD 50/1.4 was probably released back in 1971. Of course, the coatings of nFD line should be better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I hate FD mount 😤

Just lock the proper adapter to your every FD lens (like I did) and forget about this marvel of overengineering =) [/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy variation has always been a significant issue. It still is - just take a look at any of the LensRental's tests. Personally, if I weren't too lazy to run tests, I'd use no less than 3 copies of the same lens.

Last edited by Gardener on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anatol_M wrote:
Quote:
But I hate FD mount 😤

Just lock the proper adapter to your every FD lens (like I did) and forget about this marvel of overengineering =)
[/quote]

Good idea 👍👍👍

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashica is doing better than the Takumar on the real-world test scene.