Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another DIY Contax RF / Nikon S to NEX / MFT / EOS M Adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Another DIY Contax RF / Nikon S to NEX / MFT / EOS M Adapter Reply with quote

German version of this tutorial: http://picturechemistry.own-blog.com/minolta-md-rokkor-502-minolta-sr-review/

I made a Contax / Kiev RF to NEX Adapter today

I've used a totally broken Kiev RF from Ebay for ~5€ and glued the focusing mechanism of it with an ~2mm extension on the cheapest Leica M - NEX adapter I was able to find
If you use an MFT - Leica M or EOS M - Leica M Adapter etc. instead of the NEX - Leica M Adapter it should also fit these camera mounts.

The "extension ring" came from an old-style yellow filter

I had to remove the pin which holds the lens from the adapter first.

Then I glued them together. Extension ring was 1,9mm thick, perfect would have been 2,2mm instead

Et voila! Focus is comparable smooth, infinty sits at ~25m an minimum focusing distance is much closer than usually.

I paid less than 15€ for all parts incl. shippment. Much cheaper than the Kipon Adapters on Ebay Wink

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely cheaper! Those adapters are really expensive. Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done! And thx for photos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another DIY Contax RF / Nikon S to NEX / MFT / EOS M Ada Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
German version of this tutorial: http://picturechemistry.own-blog.com/minolta-md-rokkor-502-minolta-sr-review/

I made a Contax / Kiev RF to NEX Adapter today

I've used a totally broken Kiev RF from Ebay for ~5€ and glued the focusing mechanism of it with an ~2mm extension on the cheapest Leica M - NEX adapter I was able to find
If you use an MFT - Leica M or EOS M - Leica M Adapter etc. instead of the NEX - Leica M Adapter it should also fit these camera mounts.

The "extension ring" came from an old-style yellow filter

I had to remove the pin which holds the lens from the adapter first.

Then I glued them together. Extension ring was 1,9mm thick, perfect would have been 2,2mm instead

Et voila! Focus is comparable smooth, infinty sits at ~25m an minimum focusing distance is much closer than usually.

I paid less than 15€ for all parts incl. shippment. Much cheaper than the Kipon Adapters on Ebay Wink

Good for you, and interesting for DIY, since it looks like the market price for the mount is unreasonable.

Can you make 1 for me?

haha.