Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 10mm f1.8 retrofocus C mount lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 10mm f1.8 retrofocus C mount lens Reply with quote

16mm cine lens, it has no focusing device , interesting ... heavily vignetting even on m4/3 , but produce nice crispy images , 'digital square' crop from center works well. Any experience ?

Hi-res images are here

Last edited by Attila on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better than I expected, and I'm really surprised how little distortion there is for such a wide lens. Shame the coverage is small.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it. I also found interesting, as it is a fix focus lens. I just focus by turning the threads manually as for some reason on my c mount adapter it goes beyond infinity. I only used it once, and had similar results, with sharpish centre. Here some samples.

Let me know if you find a focussing solution!

Flares heavily.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peacock feather flares!! - simply beautiful

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does crop factor apply to these lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiev3 wrote:
Does crop factor apply to these lenses?

Conversely so, this lens is designed to work with smaller 'sensors' than M4/3 so the crop factor is the reverse of lenses designed for full frame. Hence the vignetting.

10mm is still 10mm whatever the lens. 50mm is still 50mm whatever the sensor. 50mm looks like a 75mm on APSC sensors because the sensor is 1.5x smaller than full frame. In this case the sensor is bigger. You are getting the full image from the lens rather than part of it. In actual fact you are getting more image than the lens was designed for as the original film frame would have been well inside the circle.