Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

all50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: all50mm Reply with quote

Hello, I am very glad to see friends to whom as well as me are interesting mf-lenses.
I often saw, how different people argued on what manufacturer of lenses is better. One spoke, that loves Carl Zeiss, another spoke, that there is nothing better Leica. Photographers of all world argue on it always. But the set from them only theorists, and at them was not opportunities to compare all lenses at once. Too it became interesting to me, and I have decided to try. Has bought some lenses of different firms and has made one picture. I have seen, that all lenses good, and each of them has advantages. One very sharp, another has beautiful figure, the third holds bright light is better.
After that, I have decided to collect all lenses of different manufacturers, to make photos, and to show their people that they have chosen the best lens which is pleasant to them more. I have decided to do pictures on one camera to see a difference only in lenses. For this project I have chosen Canon which has a convenient working piece, and allows to put set of lenses on the body. But the part of lenses for which there is no adapter, me was necessary to exclude (Konica, Minolta, Canon FD...) Also I have limited the choice only lenses for chambers 35mm, and has chosen one focal length in 50mm, as the most widespread.
Then I have started to buy and study lenses. I long collected the information on lenses and compared it to the fact sheet. I have been very surprised, what even the information from official sources not always coincides with the validity. I began to check all personally, weight of lenses, the sizes, quantity of petals of a diaphragm …. The information on my site is exact and checked up. It very much greater and a tough job, but I have made it for one year. Now I have more than 100 lenses, and very soon you will see them on a site www.all50mm.com But while I have collected not all lenses, the general list at present has approximately 250 items. I shall continue to collect them.

To lift a rating of this forum in search machines, I shall publish the list of lenses which I have:

A.Schacht Ulm Edixa-Travenar 50mm f/2.8
Asahi Opt. Co. Macro Takumar 50mm f/4.0
Asahi Opt. Co. Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4
Autoflex 50mm f/2.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 50mm f/2,5 Compact Macro
Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C.
Canon FL 50mm f/1.8
Canon Super-Canomatic 50mm f/1.8
Carl Zeiss Flektogon 50mm f/4.0 Jena DDR
Carl Zeiss P MC 50mm f/1.8 Jena DDR
Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 ausJena (zebra, electric)
Carl Zeiss Pancolar 50mm f/1.8 Jena DDR (zebra)
Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.4 T* AE Contax
Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.7 T* MM Contax
Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 IKon
Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 Jena (zebra)
Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 Jena DDR (black)
Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2.8 T Jena (white)
Carl Zeiss Ultron 50mm f/1.8
Centon MC 50mm f/1.7
Chinon 50mm f/1.7 MC Auto
Chinon 50mm f/1.9 MC Auto
Cosina 50mm f/2.0
Cosina Cosinon 50mm f/1.4
Cosina Cosinon 50mm f/1.7 Auto MC
Fuji Photo Film Co. EBC Fujinon 50mm f/1.4
Helios-123 MC
Helios-81N 50mm f/2.0 MC
Industar 50 (black, export, white nose)
Industar 50 (white)
Industar 50-2 (black, export)
Industar 50-2 (black, glossy)
Industar 50-2 (black, matte)
Industar 50-2 (grren scale)
Industar-61 MC L/Z
Isco-Göttingen Edixa Westromat 50mm f/1.9
Isco-Göttingen Edixa-Westanar 50mm f/2.8
Isco-Göttingen Iscolor 50mm f/2.8
Isco-Göttingen Iscotar 50mm f/2.8
Isco-Göttingen Westagon 50mm f/1.9
Isco-Göttingen Westagon 50mm f/2.0
Isco-Göttingen Westanar 50mm f/2.8
Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0
Makinon 50mm f/1.7 Auto
Mamiya / Sekor 50mm f/2.0 Auto
Meyer-Optik 50mm f/1.8
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Domiplan 50mm f/2.8
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Domiplan 50mm f/2.8 (Ф)
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Domiplan 50mm f/2.8 automatic
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm f/1.8 (Ф)
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Primotar E 50mm f/3.5
Miranda 50mm f/1.8 TM Auto
Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AI-S (stepped nose)
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI-S (stepped nose, narrow ap. Ring)
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI-S New (plastic focus, focus to 0.6m)
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 E (chrome ring)
Nikkor 50mm f/2.0 H Auto (NKJ, Ai kit 2)
Olympus 50mm f/1.4 OM-system Zuiko MC Auto-S
Olympus 50mm f/1.8 OM-system F.Zuiko Auto-S
Olympus 50mm f/2.0 PF
Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 Auto
Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 Auto МС
Pentacon 50mm f/1.8 Electric МС
Pentaflex Auto-Color 50mm f/1.8
Pentallex Color 50mm f/2.8
Petri "C.C Auto" 50mm f/1.7
Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.7 Auto
Porst Color Reflex 50mm f/1.8 Auto
Revuenon 50mm f/1.8 MC Auto
Revuenon 50mm f/1.9 Auto
Revuetar 50mm f/2.8 Auto
Ricoh Rikenon 50mm f/1.7 XR
Ricoh Rikenon 55mm f/2.8
Rollei Planar 50mm f/1.8
Rollei Rolleinar 50mm f/1.4
Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa-Xenon 50mm f/1.9
Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f/2.8
Sears 50mm f/1.8 Auto
Sears 50mm f/2.0 Auto
Sigma AF 50mm f/2.8 EX Macro
Steinheil München Edixa-Auto-Cassaron 50mm f/2.8
Vivitar 50mm f/1.7 Auto
Vivitar 50mm f/1.8
Vivitar 50mm f/1.9
Voigtlander Color Ultron MC 50mm f/1.8
Volna-9 MC 50mm f/2.8
Weltblick (Auto) 50mm f/2.8
Yashica 50mm f/1.7 Auto Yashinon DS
Yashica 50mm f/1.7 Auto Yashinon DS-M
Yashica 50mm f/1.9 Auto Yashinon DS
Yashica 50mm f/2.0 Auto Yashinon-DS
Yashica 50mm f/2.0 ML
Zenitar-K2 50mm f/2.0 MC
Zenitar-M 50mm f/1.7
Zenitar-M 50mm f/1.7 MC
Zenitar-M 50mm f/1.9 MC
Zenitar-M2 50mm f/2.0 MC
Zenitar-M2s 50mm f/2.0 MC
Zenitar-ME1 50mm f/1.7 MC

Welcome to my site! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind reader Smile I would ask you to put your lens list here ! I would like to ask you to get test photos for http://www.mflenses.com/gallery from those lenses what I don't have. I will show your site and name at every album what you made and link back to your site. Hopefully it will be a great start for your site and redirect traffic to you. Let me know if you are agree with my request. I have a couple of tipp how you can use that lens what you excluded from your test. Konica,Canon FD, Minolta etc.
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is magnificent! To make a test picture for the site, I should create an optimum composition in studio, expose light, and make some picture with a different diaphragm. Then to replace a lens and all to repeat. For this purpose I need some days of heavy work and I shall do it in May. But it is absolutely simple to me to take any lens and to make different pictures for you. Next time, when I will have a free time, I shall make pictures other lens. So I can always remove, and it is interesting to me, as does not demand severe constraints which are necessary for my project. Would write to me that you would like to see, and I with pleasure shall help you with it!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!!! I will do soon the list and when you have time please do. 11 full size 6 or 8MP and one from the lens itself. I will emailing the list and ftp account where you can upload. Great I am glad really! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All can be divided lenses into two kinds:
one do not touch a mirror even if are focused on infinity, and I do pictures with them on Canon 5D.
Other lenses touch a mirror on 5D if are focused on infinity, and there are lenses which touch a mirror at any focus. These lenses I use on Canon 350D because a mirror at it less.
I also can make pictures on 5D any lenses using macro the adapter. But it will be very much macro. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You're really into 50mm, mate!

Welcome to this forum. I'm looking forward to your expertise.

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all50mm_com wrote:
All can be divided lenses into two kinds:
one do not touch a mirror even if are focused on infinity, and I do pictures with them on Canon 5D.
Other lenses touch a mirror on 5D if are focused on infinity, and there are lenses which touch a mirror at any focus. These lenses I use on Canon 350D because a mirror at it less.
I also can make pictures on 5D any lenses using macro the adapter. But it will be very much macro. Very Happy

Hi Edard,

maybe you send Martin some lines for his compatibility list of manual lenses on Canon 5D (http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/index.html). I know that many people around the world uses his list.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that's a store, guys.
Attila you better watch out, somebody hacked into site and his showing himself off Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
WOW, that's a store, guys.
Attila you better watch out, somebody hacked into site and his showing himself off Very Happy

Is this serious issue or just kidding me ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I'm kidding, note my smiley.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

maybe you send Martin some lines for his compatibility list of manual lenses on Canon 5D (http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/index.html). I know that many people around the world uses his list.

Certainly. Soon I shall make the list in the table and I shall inform there, what lenses touch a mirror. Then Martin can take the information from my site.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It hangs in my cabinet behind a back. It not the newest photo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for storage! Easy to handle them now I understood why you selected 50mm only Smile Imagine similar storage for 500mm Pentacon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Imagine similar storage for 500mm Pentacon.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
In your opinion, which is better?
A carl zeiss pancolar 50mm f1.8 for a zenitar-m 50mm f1.7?
I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all50mm_com,

While I applaud your efforts, I think your results may not be accurate as you have no wasy of taking sample variation into account. Another trip up would be that most if not all of these lenses are used & it is almost impossible to know if they have not been mishandled to the point of affecting IQ. Many times a dropped lens, while appearing OK upon visual inspection, may hide slightly out of alignment elements, not to mention the shortcomings of the human eye in focusing each lens on an exact point. You also are mounting different lenses on a camera body that they were not designed for which can affect your outcome as well. Many lens tests are done on an optical bench where it is easier to keep things more uniform..That said, I really like the way you have stored these lenses, much neater than the way I have mine...