Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advise pls. - Sell 20D & EF10-22 to buy 5D or XSI/450D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Advise pls. - Sell 20D & EF10-22 to buy 5D or XSI/450D Reply with quote

Should I sell my 20D and EF10-22 to buy a used 5D or just the 20D and get a new XSI/450D? I may have to add some money, but I think you get idea.

I have some reasonably good MF prime lens to cover some of the most used focal length on the EF10-22, so I won't miss it as much.

I don't think I can afford the next 5D revision, so my best bet for FF is the 5D.

OR should I just keep what I have now and stop whining.

Any advise is appreciated.

Last edited by bawang on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think depend how frequently do you need wide angle lenses for you and how satisfied with your 10mm crop lens.

I am satisfied with film if need wide angle.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think depend how frequently do you need wide angle lenses for you and how satisfied with your 10mm crop lens.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in order or preference
1) stay like you are
2) 5D
3) xsi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think based on advise so for, I am inclined to keep what I have for now. In addition, I will miss the long end if moving to FF.

Among the reasons I posted the question is that I was just thinking to sell off the Canon 20D before the price drops further. And everyone kept saying the difference between 5D and xxD is almost night and day when using MF lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5d

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Advise pls. - Sell 20D & EF10-22 to buy 5D or XSI/45 Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
Should I sell my 20D and EF10-22 to buy a used 5D or just the 20D and get a new XSI/450D? I may have to add some money, but I think you get idea.

I have some reasonably good MF prime lens to cover some of the most used focal length on the EF10-22, so I won't miss it as much.

I don't think I can afford the next 5D revision, so my best bet for FF is the 5D.

OR should I just keep what I have now and stop whining.

Any advise is appreciated.

I'm inclined to think that last thing. You haven't given any hint as to why you want to throw away your 20D, other than having extra money you'd like to donate to the Canon Foundation. If you actually have a reason, then what the reason is might help you choose between the two options you mentioned.