Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adding view camera movements to digital
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: adding view camera movements to digital Reply with quote

HI all,
I had a l little time and some scrap wood hanging around this weekend, so I made an adapter that provides some front shift, tilt, and rise/fall to my Sony A7Mii digital.

I used a bellows from an old Polaroid Model 95, the focus rail part of a defunct Soligor bellows, an M42 rear mount from a broken lens, and few nuts and bolts. The rig mounts to the Sony via an M42-Emount adapter. The lens is a Voigtlander 15 cm f/4.5 that at some point must have graced the front of a Bessa 6x9 folding camera. Here is what the rig looks like:

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20195/big_1817_IMG_2973_1.jpg][/url

Gonna go play with it, now!

Best,

Paul

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
Congrats !!!
Simple and efficient!

Haven't you considered the reversed mounting, with tilts allowed for the camera and not for the lens? You could use any FF lens and get no vignetting in the back-tilts configuration, not only MF lenses with bigger image circle.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: adding view camera movements to digital Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:

I don't blame you, it's turned out great. Congrats Like 1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1
Congrats !!!
Simple and efficient!

Haven't you considered the reversed mounting, with tilts allowed for the camera and not for the lens? You could use any FF lens and get no vignetting in the back-tilts configuration, not only MF lenses with bigger image circle.

Great idea! My thought was that if I want rear movements I could always mount the camera on a separate tripod and use the tripod for those motions. Your idea is much more elegant!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: adding view camera movements to digital Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
pdccameras wrote:

I don't blame you, it's turned out great. Congrats Like 1

Thanks! Hope to have a few pics to post soon.

P.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!
Looks good and efficent.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
Very nice looking. Eager to see some photos.