Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting Lenses to Sigma A Mount (e.g. Sigma Quattro Camera)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject: Adapting Lenses to Sigma A Mount (e.g. Sigma Quattro Camera) Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find any adapters to mount third-party lenses onto a Sigma A Mount camera body, such as the Sigma dp Quattro. Does anyone know if any exist, or is this such an obscure mount that there aren't any adapters? I'm curiously interested in the cameras that have Foveon sensors, but I wouldn't want to go buying a bunch of Sigma lenses in that bespoke mount, I'd only want to adapt lenses to it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Adapting Lenses to Sigma A Mount (e.g. Sigma Quattro Cam Reply with quote

xaprb wrote:
I haven't been able to find any adapters to mount third-party lenses onto a Sigma A Mount camera body, such as the Sigma dp Quattro. Does anyone know if any exist, or is this such an obscure mount that there aren't any adapters? I'm curiously interested in the cameras that have Foveon sensors, but I wouldn't want to go buying a bunch of Sigma lenses in that bespoke mount, I'd only want to adapt lenses to it.

I got an M42 adapter included with my first SD14, but haven't been able to find much else for SA. I think I've seen T2 & adaptall but I can get to those via M42 easily. I think PK & Nikon should be possible & Z39 (zenit M39) certainly would be. but I've not been able to track them down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. After looking around more, I am finding the same thing as you. I can find M42-SA adapters, like this one, https://pixco.com.cn/products/m42-sigma-adapter. But I can't find anything else. There's adapters for mounting SA lenses onto various mirrorless bodies, but that's all I've found. Alas!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be JTAT adapters for Nikon to Sigma SA/SD, and you might be able to find a used one.

There were two versions – a larger, chromed breech lock version which only fitted the SD9 and SD10 (it used the external bayonet), and a later, slimmer, black type which also worked on the later models.

There are also replacement lens mounts available to fit many Leica R lenses to Sigma:

http://leitax.com/leica-lens-for-sigma-cameras.html

Last edited by heritagecameras on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait for new FF-foveon L-camera. there is a MUP-L-adapter. i have it around 150 usd on ebay.