Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura Supertel 135/3.2 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Accura Supertel 135/3.2 M42 Reply with quote

I sold this lens few minutes ago. But it's very nice - actually it's the smallest 135mm M42 lens, I have ever seen - so I decided to post some pictures here:

The lens has about 5 × 8.5 cm:

Iris is quite rounded, about 15 blades:

Compared to Sigma AF 17-70 at 70mm:

Pictures taken by Zenitar M2s 50/2 at f/11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real beauty! Do you have samples taken with this lens ? Perhaps good idea to link here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I bought it together with other lenses and because I already have enough 135mm lenses, I sold it for €20.

I made only some shots from window to test infinity focus etc. The lens isn't bad, somewhat sharp for such old/small/non-MC lens, but shows slight CA.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never do it again to sell without post samples here Sad! Please, please!! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Test samples Reply with quote

Hi, I happen to be the buyer of this particular lens, so your hope for the test samples is not lost! Smile
I stumbled upon this thread while doing google search for the Accura Supertel 135mm 3.2 and this was the only mention I could find...

The lens is real beauty, super compact size. In fact, it is smaller (although tad heavier) than my Jupiter-11 135/4 lens for rangefinder Kiev / Contax. I bought it to have one long lens for my Pentax MX, as I usually do not bother with anything longer than 50mm, or maybe 85mm when I know I will do some portraits.

So far I only managed to"test" this lens on my Canon 5D and found that the lens is real sharp corner to corner. Slight trace of CA fully open does not bother me, as I mostly shoot BW film anyway. Closed a bit, the CA disappears. Bokeh looks pleasing to me, probably also due the round aperture (16 blades). MC coating looks also very good.

All in all, quite interesting lens. Pitty I could not find more info about it on the web.

First image is by fully open aperture, second is 5.6 I believe...

Cheers,
RB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Test samples Reply with quote

RBullCZ wrote:
Hi, I happen to be the buyer of this particular lens, so your hope for the test samples is not lost! Smile
I stumbled upon this thread while doing google search for the Accura Supertel 135mm 3.2 and this was the only mention I could find...

The lens is real beauty, super compact size. In fact, it is smaller (although tad heavier) than my Jupiter-11 135/4 lens for rangefinder Kiev / Contax. I bought it to have one long lens for my Pentax MX, as I usually do not bother with anything longer than 50mm, or maybe 85mm when I know I will do some portraits.

So far I only managed to"test" this lens on my Canon 5D and found that the lens is real sharp corner to corner. Slight trace of CA fully open does not bother me, as I mostly shoot BW film anyway. Closed a bit, the CA disappears. Bokeh looks pleasing to me, probably also due the round aperture (16 blades). MC coating looks also very good.

All in all, quite interesting lens. Pitty I could not find more info about it on the web.

First image is by fully open aperture, second is 5.6 I believe...

Cheers,
RB

This is great! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thank you. I will post more samples when I will have the opportunity to take the lens out for a trip. Hopefully with the Pentax MX this weekend...

PS - for some reason, the images I attached did not appear in my post, but they are visible in your quote of my post... (?)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spam prevention, we not allow to publish in first post anything else than pure text. From now you can publish without restriction.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome RBullCZ

That's a very fine intro

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there seem to be quite a few old, small preset 135mm lenses that perform quite well, my Tele Kominar is small and performs well too:

they all may not be 'the smallest' but one of the reasons why I like old lenses is because they are small, e.g Auto Takumars f2/55mm: