Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Acceptable quality of Pentax Q shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, you started all this Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I'm submitting the bottom to our arts council to be considered for the Nations new flag. Kinda has that running away from European farming techniques written all over it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because I haven't broken it / replaced it. I took it with me along with my SLR and a bunch of primes. Did I use the SLR are all tho? nope.

This thing works with my motorcycle gloves, and I don't have to take my helmet off. That was important Razz

Loads of flare, shot taken directly into the sun. bouncing of a dam.

I'm impressed there was any detail to be recovered of the bike at all to be honest Razz

But thinking after the bike... yeah I wont be taking a SLR with me anymore. Turns out my priorities are different with bike then they would be without. But since I have this Q with 8mm f1.9 lens... perhaps I might look at that Q7 whatsymadoosy.

Last edited by tromboads on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me want one, but I'll probably never use manual lenses with it. I have a NEX and a Nikon DSLR for that. And a pocketable compact with wide to 18x telephoto for everything else.

Great shots by the way and excellent quality from the sensor/lens combo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a fun little nugget alright. As long as one doesn't expect to print at 20X20" ain't no real problems really. Laughing

(still will look at that Q7 once they come down a smidge more... )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no.. it's time for more photos taken with a Pentax Q Laughing

I'm in love with my motorbike at the moment and surprise surprise, the Q is so dam light it comes with me most of the time.

VIV LA Q

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this thread.
The camera is just left of the wayside because of sensor size prejudice imo.
Look past the small sensor and use it to what it is, its fun and encourages 'play'

Here are some shots from my using either a long lens or a macro lens to make use of the crop factor.

20130330-IMGP8840PENTAX Q by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP2279-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP2020-2021-Stack-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of others with the native lenses

IMGP0381 by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP0591 by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP25542014082317 mmPENTAX Q7 by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP2384-1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

IMGP01211307238.51,9 by jenkwang, on Flickr