Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A7 question, does this thing work reallY?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: A7 question, does this thing work reallY? Reply with quote

Any idea?
I seriously think ditching my Canon stuff for A7r if it works.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen these before, more expensive made by Metabones. I guess this clone hasnt had the fuss that the Speedbooster clone has. Theres no reason why it wouldnt work. Of course changing over to NEX opens up a whole new opportunity. But you know that.

Just check out the chart of compatible lenses near the bottom of the ebay listing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speed Booster® is NOT fully compatible with full-frame Sony A7 or A7R. When Speed Booster® is used with Sony A7 or A7R, the camera will turn on the "APS-C Size Capture" mode automatically.

Confused Confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it should. Speedbooster forms an APSC-sized image.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was too good to be true. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
I thought that was too good to be true. Cool

Hang on.. before you get the wrong idea, the Speedbooster would be the wrong adapter for using Canon lenses on the A7/r, you just need to be looking at the right adapter - not ruling out the idea altogether!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/994949-REG/fotodiox_eos_auto_nex_p_adapter_for_canon_ef.html

Supposedly provides electronic communication from lens to body allowing auto focus, IS and aperture control. Worth trying out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you buy the most expensive metabones adapter, the af won't perform anywhere near as well as a canon dslr.