Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A. Schacht Ulm S-Travegon 35mm 2.8 R on A7ii helical adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: A. Schacht Ulm S-Travegon 35mm 2.8 R on A7ii helical adapter Reply with quote

This lens, in Exakta mount is a gem. In the lovely zebra livery of the era, it features the depth of field window that slides red indicators outward as the the aperture closes. A nifty feature. I was amazed at the sharpness of this lens. Even wide open it is VERY sharp.

This sample was taken wide open.

100%crop. Focus was on the seed with the rippled surface (bottom middle). Note the hair in the top right that happened to be at the same focal depth.

The lens with the adapter and camera:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be sharp. Smile Able to focus infinity? How is landscape performance?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A Scahcht Ulm lenses are lenses that I would buy when I see them, even if I knew nothing about them. I have the Travegar 100 / 3.3 and it is a wonderful lens. Of course it is a 'lens of its day' with little or no coating and simple design, but it was obviously very good back when it was new, and it's still good today.