Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A question for a kind of vintage Chinese lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: A question for a kind of vintage Chinese lenses Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I saw this two lenses recently, and I also have a lens like this. These lenses have a focusing ability, but don't have a distance scale.They appear to be well made. Does anyone have an idea about their applicatons?

Cheers,

Zhang

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some kind of enlarger or photo printing machine probably.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also guess enlarger / printer lenses, as an aperture is needed, but not focus scale as the print frame gives the format and to that it is focused, usually slow lenses (these are), but rather sharp with high contrast.

Saw the same serial number (!!), guess it was made and sold as a set of lenses

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are interesting, I'd love to see some shots from them if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the mount?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
what is the mount?

These two have a MD mount, but they can not focus to infinity. My example is a 58mm F4 lens with a 54mmX 0.5mm? screw mount.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I only have a 58mm F4 lens with a 54x0.5mm screw mount. I may hand held it to a camera and try to take some images later. It appears to be a high contrast, high resolution lens. The owner of the two lenses in question haven't quoted a price for them yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I would also guess enlarger / printer lenses, as an aperture is needed, but not focus scale as the print frame gives the format and to that it is focused, usually slow lenses (these are), but rather sharp with high contrast.

Saw the same serial number (!!), guess it was made and sold as a set of lenses

Many thanks. Doctor.Thank you! Sounds very possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Some kind of enlarger or photo printing machine probably.

Thanks. These appear quite rare. I never saw them before.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

I only have a 58mm F4 lens with a 54x0.5mm screw mount. I may hand held it to a camera and try to take some images later. It appears to be a high contrast, high resolution lens. The owner of the two lenses in question haven't quoted a price for them yet.

I just took some hand held images with my Olympus EPL2. The 3rd image is from a Jupiter-3 stopped down to F4 for cmparison. The 58mm F4 images could be better if a proper adaptor is used. The 1st and 2nd images are from the 58/4 lens. All images are only re-sized. The J-3 is a lovely little lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another lens that has me puzzled for a few years. It is a Zuiko mount macro lens 50mm F3.5 that focuses down to 0.15m vs 0.23m for a common macro lens. It is a F3.5 lens, but it appears to have more elements that you can see from its much bigger front element, or at least it has a different construction. What could be its applications? Why a Chinese customer would need such a lens when a common Zuiko 50mm F3.5 lens was easily available? The lens has no s/n, so I guess only a few examples were made for a special job.