Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A New species of Humming Bird. Auto-Takumar 55 f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: A New species of Humming Bird. Auto-Takumar 55 f/1.8 Reply with quote

Hand held and then Cropped. Very unusual around here to see a Downy Woodpecker do this. He is back every day and many times a day. Weird to see it and a humming bird feeding on opposite sides at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!...that's a riot....cool shot!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, that's really cool. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd. Woodpeckers do love suet, which can be sweet ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
Hehe, that's really cool. Smile

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Gave me a chance to exercise my Auto Takumar 50 F/1.8.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I do not see the hummer in the same shot. Wink

Very unusual methinks.

I will send a link to this post to a published bird photographer I know & see what she thinks of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the rare humming pecker! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue wrote:
That's the rare humming pecker! Laughing

Thanks Scott. Good name blue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago I put several takumars side-by-side:

early Takumar 105/2.8 (1950s)
Late Takumar 105/2.8 (1960s)
Super Takumar 105/2.8
SMC takumar 105/2.8

.. all shooting into an incadescent bulb.

Interestingly enough, with the exception of the earliest takumar which flared ... the rest were remarkably close ... telling me that the SMC is not leagues ahead as some (and the prices) would suggest.

Seeing your mention of the auto-takumar just reminded me. The 105mm is a takumar design that remained largely unchanged even into the days of PK.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your information, here is the reply I got:

"Hi Ron,

Yes, very common behavior for Downys and sapsuckers as well. The ones here are at the oriole feeder just as soon as the oriole family leave. The orioles are more aggressive though and have first dibs!

I've also had chickadees stop by for a sip too. I'm pretty sure I posted photos of both on the old forum at one time or another. I'm sure most people find it surprising the first time they see it happening-lol. "

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by chance or not, she posted a similar pic today. You may see it @ this link:

http://www.canadiangardening.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21749

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron. Yes it was a surprise to me for the first time. No orioles here but several different Downies are sipping the sugar water now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keltzar wrote:
A few months ago I put several takumars side-by-side:

early Takumar 105/2.8 (1950s)
Late Takumar 105/2.8 (1960s)
Super Takumar 105/2.8
SMC takumar 105/2.8

.. all shooting into an incadescent bulb.

Interestingly enough, with the exception of the earliest takumar which flared ... the rest were remarkably close ... telling me that the SMC is not leagues ahead as some (and the prices) would suggest.

Seeing your mention of the auto-takumar just reminded me. The 105mm is a takumar design that remained largely unchanged even into the days of PK.

Actually, the early pre-set Tak 105mm and Auto-Tak 105mm have 4 elements in 5 groups and the late pre-set, Super Tak and S-M-C Super Tak 105mm lenses have 5 elements in 4 groups. Also, the late runs of the Super Taks and early runs of the S-M-C lenses may have the same coating.

The late version of the preset which is obvious due to its all black body was actually released about the same time as the 1st version of the Super Tak and was produced until 1968. There were 2 versions of the Super Takumar 105mm and both had the 5 elements in 4 groups and can't tell you what the difference is other than the 1st version has 350 on the A-M switch and the later one has 43501. You may also encounter 738 on the switch which was put on sample of both versions.