Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A 'GIFT' Pentax P30 set ---
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: A 'GIFT' Pentax P30 set --- Reply with quote

a latest 'Saved From The Dump' camera is a P30 with 2 lenses, one Pentax Zoom Takumar 'A' 28-80mm f3.5-4.5, one Vivitar Zoom 70-300mm f 4.2-5.8 , Cobra flash, Cobra Bag, Cokin and Jessop Filters BUT OH DEAR-- due to being 'in The Loft' for many years Camera is all Rusty along the back and the strap eyelits. I dumped camera bag as it was filthy and torn , both lenses have FUNGUS and to get camera battery out I had to take off base-plate with JLS Screwdriver having put a minute amount of WD40 onto small rusty screw heads . I lubricated all the cogs and levers with minute amount of Sewing Machine oil, fitted fresh 1.5 V SR 44 batteries 'borrowed' from my 1970's KX and it 'Creaked into Life ! ' Then I noticed the lenses were all 'Stopped Down' so i took off lens and lubricated the moving sprung ring inside the lens mount , then had a look at the 'Depth of Field Stop Down Lever' and it was
Stuck so lubricated it on pivot and prised it up and 'worked' it up and down a few times , now lenses 'Stop Down'
So I used some 'emery paper' on RUST,then was told about 'Hammerite Rust Removal Gel' so bought a tin from Brentwood Halford's for £ 5 odd and painted it on with a Cotton Bud, then after a while wiped it off with wet Cotton Bud, then painted on some Black Chinese Lacquer wit small brush -- now camera is very happy.
[/b]RUST Before and After