Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2004 dated PROVIA 100F in Hasselblad 500C/M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: 2004 dated PROVIA 100F in Hasselblad 500C/M Reply with quote

i had not used any of my huge stash of 120E6 film for a long time so I tried some 2004 dated Fuji Provia 100F in my 1978 Hasselblad 500C/M which was serviced .. I rated it at 80 ASA and got John Salim of Southend-on-Sea Essex to process at £5 a roll - I used it for a trip to LEWES and the Bluebell Railway in Sussex , England with 80mm f2.8 CT Planar T* in A12 back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results!
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Not bad for 2004 dated Provia.

From the days I still shot film I remember Provia to pretty high contrast. It looks like that is even more difficult to control with it aged.

It is hard to tell from the above scans, but when inspected on a light-box, is there still any detail left in the shadows on this out-of-date film? I recall that on fresh Provia quite a bit of detail could still be pulled from the shadows with multiple-exposure scanning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Thank you! Thank you!

Wow, after that long time still good!!