Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 M42 lens duds: Enna Lithagon 35/2.8, CZJ Pancolar 50/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: 2 M42 lens duds: Enna Lithagon 35/2.8, CZJ Pancolar 50/2 Reply with quote

An M42 CZJ Pancolar 50/2 #7164148 arrived yesterday, aperture stuck wide open and focus so sticky as to be almost impossible. I complained, and Moore's Cameras (on eBay) graciously refunded me. I am tempted to try a repair, but I see nowhere to start. The only screw visible is on the aperture ring (with its funny DOF-scale mechanism). Should I just sell this as a 'parts' lens to somebody with better lens-repair skills than I?

I have puzzled awhile over an M42 Enna Munchen Lithagon 35/2.8 #3055176. The rings, and especially the aperture control with its locking button, totally confuse and baffle me. The indicated focus ring barely affects focus, but unscrews and separates easily. The rear (focus) and front (aperture) sections unscrew and separate easily, and actually seem to focus, but may change the aperture while doing so. Does anyone here know how to use or fix this? Or should I just sell this as a 'parts' lens also?

Last edited by RioRico on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 bad M42 lenses: Enna Lithagon 35/2.8, CZJ Pancolar 50/ Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
An M42 CZJ Pancolar 50/2 #7164148 arrived yesterday, aperture stuck wide open and focus so sticky as to be almost impossible. I complained, and Moore's Cameras (on eBay) graciously refunded me. I am tempted to try a repair, but I see nowhere to start. The only screw visible is on the aperture ring (with its funny DOF-scale mechanism). Should I just sell this as a 'parts' lens to somebody with better lens-repair skills than I?

I have puzzled awhile over an M42 Enna Munchen Lithagon 35/2.8 #3055176. The rings, and especially the aperture control with its locking button, totally confuse and baffle me. The indicated focus ring barely affects focus, but unscrews and separates easily. The rear (focus) and front (aperture) sections unscrew and separate easily, and actually seem to focus, but may change the aperture while doing so. Does anyone here know how to use or fix this? Or should I just sell this as a 'parts' lens also?

Have you photos of the lenses themselves?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pancolar is very nice you do not have a choice but to fix it .
good luck !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Oh yes, photos. What will we think of next? Reply with quote

Here are the two lenses:

And here is the Enna, unscrewed.

First, the front and rear sections separated:

Then, the rear focus section's two rings:

The Lithagon's possibilities just seem too subtle for me. And I can't see where to begin on the Pancolar. Oh, despair and gloom!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Oh well, I tried... Reply with quote

No suggestions, so I guess these two will go up on eBay this weekend [my ID: r*m], as part of a cluster of lenses:

* KM Vivitar-Kiron 24/2 (parts)
* M42 Enna Lithagon 35/2.8 (parts)
* EX Isco Westagon 50/2 (parts)
* CZJ Pancolar 50/2 (parts)
* M42 Industar 50 (sticky focus)
* X-Fujinon 50/1.9
* NI Soligor-Tokina 28/2.8
* C/FD Star 28-80/3.5-4.8
* three Korean 80-200 zooms: KM Albinar f/3.9, NI Albinar f/3.9, M42 Sears f/4
* their KR Sears 70-210/4 cousin (I just don't use most manual zooms anymore)
* maybe a bunch of M42 TC's too, although they're hardly worth it
* and this doesn't seem like a good time to sell Argus C3 glass

Farewell, o wounded warriors...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolar can be opened from front , ring with label 'Pancolar' removable with a big gum what is fit into diameter. Behind front label ring you can find how can you screw out lens block.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little unhappy with the thread title, as these lenses are not "bad" - just your copies are ...
think about your impact when you post stuff like that please... the world does not turn around you alone Wink Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pancolar can be opened from front , ring with label 'Pancolar' removable with a big gum what is fit into diameter. Behind front label ring you can find how can you screw out lens block.

Thanks! But I tried, and failed. I'm afraid this repair is beyond my limited skills. Some lucky buyer will probably get this Pancolar for a good price -- I start all auctions under US$1. I start 'parts' gear at half that.

kds315* wrote:
I'm a little unhappy with the thread title, as these lenses are not "bad" - just your copies are ...

OK, I have renamed the thread. Instead of 'bad', these are now 'duds', which implies bad copies, not bad species. Or maybe I'm the dud.

Quote:
think about your impact when you post stuff like that please... the world does not turn around you alone Wink Wink

Actually, one implication of the Big Bang Theory is that, since the universe expands around us uniformly, then each of us is the center of the universe! See, everything DOES revolve around me! Or maybe I'm just dizzy and spinning around...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Actually, one implication of the Big Bang Theory is that, since the universe expands around us uniformly, then each of us is the center of the universe! See, everything DOES revolve around me! Or maybe I'm just dizzy and spinning around...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My limited skills added to the fact I can't be bothered would also dictate selling on to someone that won't turn it into a paper weight. Rolling Eyes

Although I am becoming more skilled. Laughing