Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1979 pop photo Rodinal article
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: 1979 pop photo Rodinal article Reply with quote

This article ran in the December 1979 Popular Photography magazine. I don't normally scan entire articles but this one is so superior I just had to share it.

Rodinal - history, chemistry, general discussion of developing agents, sharpness, acutance, brilliance, dilutions, film types, compared to D-76, with examples and so on. Developing times for vintage films. Mixing your own? Alternate dilutions. Recommendations. Rodinal was 90 back then...

Click on images to get full size 150dpi scan output - very readable and even printable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next couple of pages

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last two spreads

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile

Things are a little different in modern times though, if you intend to scan the negatives rather than do traditional enlargement/printing. To get the most scannable negatives I find the safest method that gives good results every time is 1+100 dilution, a long development time and little agitation.