Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1950's - 1960's PRESS KIT !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:34 am    Post subject: 1950's - 1960's PRESS KIT ! Reply with quote

The 1950's-1960 era ROLLEIFLEX one is a 1956-59 E2 Rollei with 80mm f2.8 Xenotar and a Braun Hobby Flash as I used to use -- look at al the WIRES and heavy Case containing the ACID Batteries and Capacitor - this set STILL WORKS but MAINS ONLY - the ACID long since Dried Up. I never afforded a ROLLEIFLEX on my money ! Here is how I GOT that ROLLEI -- many years ago I got to know the local Rotary Club and one of the members Tony who had a small Newsagents Shop said one day " Hey Peter -- I've got a ROLLEIFLEX !! " He KNEW I could not afford such gear and was 'Gloating' a bit -- so I offered to check it out and clean it etc all free but he would never let me see it -- he got it off the Chief Photographer of the Romford Recorder Newspaper -- Some years later I got a phone call - it was his Wife - " Peter do you know Tony DIED and I have an old Box here with some gadgets in it if you are interested " so I rushed there and she brought out a Dusty Old Box -- Oh Dear if EDEN found out I was bringing home some Old Rubbish I would be in TROUBLE -- but I had a look -- inside was a MINT OLYMPUS OM-2n + Lenses -- 2 Olympus XA2 cameras in Presentation Boxes -- further down a filthy old Brown Case containing the FAMOUS ROLLEIFLEX E2 2.8 Xenotar !! Well - I had to SMUGGLE the Dusty Box indoors when EDEN was not looking into my Darkroom -- The Rollei LENS was scratched and a small PIN was broken off the base and there were Light Leaks - so I paid to get it CLA'd by a Former ROLLEI Technician here in ESSEX - he even made a very small new pin for the base=plate lock ! That TONY had never put a roll of FILM THROUGH IT !!
1950's - 60's PRESS KIT by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Rollei lenses of that vintage have an interesting rendering~ even in B&W.

Looking forward to seeing some images taken with it.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Results from ROLLETFLEX 80mm f2.8 XENOTAR Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/my-1956-rolleiflex-2-8e-xenotar-with-old-fuji-pro-400h-t84496.html

Here is a selection take with that lens in the 'Colour Gallery'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite a piece of glass! Very impressive rendering.

Like 1 Like 1

-D.S.